Disposable cameras - all inclusive deal

Someone on the photography sub group mentioned they had come across a deal where you could purchase some disposable cameras for guests to use at your wedding and then you send them back and get them processed.

Anyone come across this or have any pointers on what to do instead?

My partners really up for doing this but I'm a little worried about the cost of processing due to film being the less used approach to get pictures printed these days.

I wouldn't bother with disposables (and we didn't way back in 2005). People only use them as an excuse to take pictures of absolute junk as they're not paying for processing

We just asked everybody to send us copies of their digital pics from the day, then shared all those on photobox for all our guests to order if they liked

It's even easier to do now that everybody takes digital pics and uploads them, where we had to ask some people to have CDs done when they had theirs processed

I would aslo use them with caution. If your main photographer is not going to be there for after the first dance its probably a good time to dish them out. As the drinks are flowing and people get silly, you might get some decent shots out of it and have some fun memories from them but donbt expect every photo to be usuable.

<tip>

If you go for the wedding bundles on disposables they will be more expensive than trying to hunt for another deal thats not wedding related.

</tip>

with almost everyone woning a digital camera these days why not give them all a blank cd/memory card and a paid for envelope to send you all their photos. it will work out cheaper. you have as much chance of people sending their pics to you as you have recovering all the disposables on the night!

We're not really bothering, that many people have digital cameras now we're just printing an email address for everyone to forward their pictures to. However, we are putting disposable cameras in the Kid's boxes that we're filling with things to keep them entertained for the day.

I had an inclusive deal like that but to be honest I wouldn't bother with them. I was very disappointed with the results of ours - some didn't get used and some of the photos didn't come out properly. Instead hire a photo booth or get your photographer to go round the tables and take photos of your guests or just get copies of your guests photos. xxx

Were quite tourn about this.

We know all the down sides and potential poor quality of the snaps but its a strange paradox. Due to the nature of Digital world we live in. In a way photos have become more throw away now than they were when those 'disposable cameras' were all the range.

Was a a friends 30 the weekend just gone and they pulled out an old photo from my uni days that was taken 11 1/2 years ago it was all badly framed, not quite lit right and people weren't looking or doing quite what you'd want them to. It just felt special like it had captured a moment. Capturing a memory.

We'd like that to look back on. Our official wedding photographer is a documentary / landscape style photographer so we'll get some of that from him but I suspect not so much from the digital photos people feel fit to send our way.

Archived