Government to abolish Housing Benefit for under 25's

What amazes me is they still haven't got a grip on it. In a world where we are acountable (and fined) for just about every movement and aspect of our lives, with red tape and 24 hour surveillance etc, how come they don't even have up to date figures with which to plan?

We don't have enough affordable housing, school places, jobs etc, but still we are importing people until we are bursting at the seams.

Why?

Landlords have mortgages to pay as well. I know people don't want to hear it and have no sympathy for landlords but there are some good ones out there

Yes, of course, but surely letting a house at a lower rent is better than having it stand empty and get nothing?

Not if that lower rent won't cover the mortgage on it. Whats the landlord supposed to do? They aren't a charity

Exactly, I know if I were renting out property I would want to make a profit after my mortgage, taxes and insurance, we're paid for. Otherwise why take on that responsibility .

Exactly, I know if I were renting out property I would want to make a profit after my mortgage, taxes and insurance, we're paid for. Otherwise why take on that responsibility .

Maybe the motivation is to acquire a property without paying the mortgage?

Archived