Conditional job offer retracted, can I do anything?

this may help:

(taken from directgov website)

What happens if an employer withdraws a job offer?

If the offer's withdrawn before you have a chance to accept, or because you haven't met the conditions (for example, providing a satisfactory reference), you can't take any action, unless it has been withdrawn for reasons of unlawful discrimination.

Find out more about discrimination

However, once you have accepted an unconditional offer, and the prospective employer withdraws it, you can claim for compensation for breach of contract.

So this company has @@@@@ on you once. Why would you want to give them a second chance to do the same again?

To be honest, I am desperate to get out if the job I'm in now as its making me miserable.

This company is a very well known one and has decent wages and good staff benefits (like a final salary pension).

I know that I've been treated very badly, but there are many many departments to work for with this place and so I'm hoping I may get a chance with another one.

Although my HR experience was bad, maybe the company itself isn't.

oh I really commisserate with you - we've been trying to fill a position since June last year and we finally found a great candidate, only to be told that we had to hold the offer for a couple of weeks due to internal restructuring ... that stance has been extended now and it looks increasingly like the position will disappear. Very difficult position for the candidate and us, but sadly in the business world situations change all the time :/

Try not to let it dent your enthusiasm - it's good to vent and get it out of your system. Good luck with your search x

To be honest, I am desperate to get out if the job I'm in now as its making me miserable.

This company is a very well known one and has decent wages and good staff benefits (like a final salary pension).

I know that I've been treated very badly, but there are many many departments to work for with this place and so I'm hoping I may get a chance with another one.

Although my HR experience was bad, maybe the company itself isn't.

I was in a job I absolutely detested but at the time desperately needed the money, I was frustrated and really peeved one hot sticky day stuck in traffic and noticed some graffitti scrawled which read

'why do you do this everyday'

This graffitti stuck with me and the next day I handed in my notice, i had no other work lined up and telling my bosses what i reaally thought of them was the greatest feeling ever!

I eventually found much lower paid work with great people but really struggled financially, I do not regret one iota telling them all to **** off.

The point is if you want get out of the rat race you have to take risks.....

I was in a job I absolutely detested but at the time desperately needed the money, I was frustrated and really peeved one hot sticky day stuck in traffic and noticed some graffitti scrawled which read

'why do you do this everyday'

This graffitti stuck with me and the next day I handed in my notice, i had no other work lined up and telling my bosses what i reaally thought of them was the greatest feeling ever!

I eventually found much lower paid work with great people but really struggled financially, I do not regret one iota telling them all to **** off.

The point is if you want get out of the rat race you have to take risks.....

Totally agree with you, but unfortunately I could not afford to be out of work.

Mortgage, bills and children make it impossible.

If I could I would.

Archived