Road Rage Incident - Objective advice wanted

According to...

Oooh, so now you might be SAS????

Wow, I'm impressed. :rolleyes:

Now, just just get on with the conclusion to this fiction, you're turning out to be an even bigger numpty than I suspected in the first place...

...and believe me, that's a heck of an achievement!

Oooh, so now you might be SAS????

Wow, I'm impressed.!

Who said that? I certainly didn't.

Just another example of how you have formed your own incorrect viewpoint based upon what you believe to be evidence. I believe this is known as a confirmation bias.

SAS? As if a member of the SAS would be posting here. Get real.

No SAS for me. If you must know my blue lights fall under the "mountain rescue purposes" category. Perfectly legal, and if mr motorcycle had been bothered he'd have noticed the sticker at the bottom of my windscreen which shows this.

I guess that even this won't be good enough for you though.

.... and if mr motorcycle had been bothered he'd have noticed the sticker at the bottom of my windscreen which shows this.

Really? - If, as you suggest 'Mr Motorcycle' can be expected to note 6the sticker at the bottom of your windscreen, why is 'Mr Road User' exempted from seeing the ****ING bike?

A half apology. Swearing is bad, but dying is worse.

I ride (that which was) the biggest production motorcycle in the world.

I no longer ride the biggest (but I still own the bike[e]s I rode last year.)

I ride the Alps. (Ich bin Oachkatzlschwoaf)

There is plenty of room ... but Please! Never EVER ride more quickly than your Schützengel can fly!

The road user has as much responsibility as mr motorcycle has to drive safely. I've already said that.

With regards to the sticker - yeah I guess at 80mph no one can be expected to pay that much attention to what is stuck to the windscreen.

My point about the blues was that if I had wanted to give this guy a scare as indicated above I'd have put in the lights at which point he would have probably bricked it and backed off. This is easier than brake testing him.

According to The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989 (1 November 1989), emergency vehicles are permitted to use blue lights.

An emergency vehicle is classed as a vehicle used:...

...for mountain rescue purposes...

...2008 Nissan Pathfinder is my vehicle. That is equipped with blues to get me to the 1967 Landy as it happens...

Sounds a lot like a private vehicle, not a MR vehicle to me...

...or is Greggs allowed to use "blues & twos" if they're delivering sausage rolls to you, because it's for MR "purposes"?

Sounds a lot like a private vehicle, not a MR vehicle to me...

...or is Greggs allowed to use "blues & twos" if they're delivering sausage rolls to you, because it's for MR "purposes"?

It is a private vehicle. And no, as that wouldn't be an emergency.

A MR call-out on the other hand is an Emergency though. The law allows vehicles to be fitted with blue lights for "Mountain Rescue purposes ", but this doesn't necessarily have to be a marked MR vehicle, but you would have to prove that you were attending a call-out as part of a recognised MR organisation.

Similarly if you were using your vehicle for "Ambulance purposes " you could justifiably use blue lights providing that you were at, or on the way to a medical emergency.

I know an individual who was prosecuted for dangerous driving as they drove on blue lights, and when stopped by the Police claimed to be responding to a medical emergency, but could then not back this up with any evidence.

...I know an individual who was prosecuted for dangerous driving as they drove on blue lights, and when stopped by the Police claimed to be responding to a medical emergency, but could then not back this up with any evidence.

Pretty sure you'd be in the same boat, don't know of any "emergency services" staff that have blue lights so they can get to work quicker!

Archived