Neighbour painted my fences and concrete posts!!

The another thing is that they painted only my fences and posts(left side of their house) and left "alone" other neighbour fences and posts as they are on the right side.

I know I can paint fences again on my preffered colour but what with posts?

How the boundary line is defined?

It's a bit different when they've also painted the concrete posts. They were obviously being funny by doing it.

I'd never paint the next door neighbours fence, I wouldn't even ask. If I really disliked it I'd put up my own fence next to it.

Must admit the next door bloke should have asked but its a bit late now the paints on, if the op just covers up the intruding paint on his side and has a word with guy next door that should be the end of the matter.Life is too short to let trivial disputes get out of hand.If you really want to develop this into world war three the op could repaint his side red and the guy next door would have red paint runs on his side.

to be more precise, fences end line is exacly where my house wall end, if you know what i mean :)

Edit:

when we moved in, neighbour had fences, but they were small and lap one, and we erected our 6ft fences next to theirs. So I assume that they are on our boundary line?

Then they sold their fences and tread mine like ours.

to be more precise, fences end line is exacly where my house wall end, if you know what i mean :)

Is that where your property joins onto the neighbours though? Pretty much, if it's on your property completely (think it also has to be 6 inch on your property) then he can't touch it. If it's inbetween both, then he can.

Is that where your property joins onto the neighbours though? Pretty much, if it's on your property completely (think it also has to be 6 inch on your property) then he can't touch it. If it's inbetween both, then he can.

Thank you Nataliie.

As I said the most uspetting is fact that we have spent loads of money on it, and they just sold theirs and didnt even bothered to ask us about painting ours.

And the posts in yellow colour...

Thank you Nataliie.

As I said the most uspetting is fact that we have spent loads of money on it, and they just sold theirs and didnt even bothered to ask us about painting ours.

And the posts in yellow colour...

Yes, I know exactly what you mean.

I'd probably start by trying to talk to them and explain that the paint is showing up on your side, and that you'll repaint both sides but you'd like them to remove the paint on the concrete posts (that was just silly anyway), then I'd tell them that the fence is on your side of the boundary and therefore you'd like them not to paint it in the future as it's cost you a lot of money etc and that it is your property, not shared.

And see what they say...

It's much easier to get on with your neighbours than post threads moaning about their behaviour.

Take my next door neighbour for instance. I wanted to re-new the fence between our properties and whilst I was measuring up my neighbour spoke to me, apparently she was considering the same. We chatted and in the end we decided together the type and style of fencing and went halves on the cost.

She takes care of her side, I take care of mine.

Simple.

Yes, you right, but mine neighbour didnt want to erect higher fence and didnt want to spend any penny on it.

They had 3ft high fences and I wanted to have higher for privacy. That is why I erected mine next to theirs to avaoid arguments, but then they have sold theirs fences and "take care" of mine! without asking.

It's much easier to get on with your neighbours than post threads moaning about their behaviour.

Take my next door neighbour for instance. I wanted to re-new the fence between our properties and whilst I was measuring up my neighbour spoke to me, apparently she was considering the same. We chatted and in the end we decided together the type and style of fencing and went halves on the cost.

She takes care of her side, I take care of mine.

Simple.

At last some sense.

Archived