Superstitious Nonsense

Superstition for me is rather illogical but I do have a few niggles and here are mine...

Good luck - Black cats, having things in horizontal or vertical lines not diagonal, spreading butter to the very edge of a slice of bread, having things in cupboard facing towards me, setting timers 1 minute ahead, shaving my sideburns so they are exactly level and have a sharp line to them, always tying bin bags in knots when emptying them outside, always boiling a kettle twice before using it, always putting the toaster on once before using to warm it up, always putting stuff in microwave an extra minute as required to compensate for the warming up time, always put a group of odd kisses on a card either 3 or 5 never even numbers like 2 or 4 and when cleaning up I always sweep or hoover before I mop, tossing salt over my shoulder, pricking sausages or potatoes before cooking not sure if that is necessary though, turning empty bottles and jars upside down when they are nearly empty to get every last drop out of them, always having equal amount of stuff in coat pockets when going out nothing worse than being lob sided, always having bread and cereal in fridge.

Bad luck - White cats crossing paths, black birds myth, crossing paths on a stairway, crossing paths on a bus, broken mirrors or glass, having stuff in messy orders, taking stuff for granted and never expecting anything, having a bath when a shower is sufficient, being over cocky and arrogant, trusting authority especially religion and governments, never letting disabled or old people sit down on a bus, never using complements and having bad manors as good manors do not cost a penny, never being considerate, never being humble, never being on top of debts, never arriving on time for appointments, never treating people as objects or servants and always being self sufficient and always being chivalrous especially in relationships, no good comes from selfish lovers only interested in themselves.

Archived