Fb- Is this acceptable??

A couple of months ago I liked a "dirty jokes" page on Facebook. I'm not easily offended & like a good laugh so I thought it'd be alright.

A couple of days ago the "admin" posted a joke that was insinuating peadaphilia. Lots of people commented & reported it but as of today that joke remains on the page.

Then today it has sunk even lower and the admin has posted a "joke" (and I use the term loosly) which is a very explicit peadophile joke. Very offensive indeed and totally unacceptable.

The comments are of total disgust & most have reported the post. However it still remains on Facebook. It gets worse aswell because one man has said the joke is ok and so people have resorted to calling him the "N" word. He has retaliated by saying peoples babys are cute on their profile pic. This was all posted over 6 hours ago and Facebook have done nothing. How long does Facebook usually take to respond??

The great thing about the internet is that you can't censor it. Even if the joke gets taken down it'll reappear elsewhere.

Who forced you to look at this page of jokes against your will, by the way?

A couple of months ago I liked a "dirty jokes" page on Facebook. I'm not easily offended & like a good laugh so I thought it'd be alright.

A couple of days ago the "admin" posted a joke that was insinuating peadaphilia. Lots of people commented & reported it but as of today that joke remains on the page.

Then today it has sunk even lower and the admin has posted a "joke" (and I use the term loosly) which is a very explicit peadophile joke. Very offensive indeed and totally unacceptable.

The comments are of total disgust & most have reported the post. However it still remains on Facebook. It gets worse aswell because one man has said the joke is ok and so people have resorted to calling him the "N" word. He has retaliated by saying peoples babys are cute on their profile pic. This was all posted over 6 hours ago and Facebook have done nothing. How long does Facebook usually take to respond??

Most jokes,especially on a page like you've mentioned,will be offensive to some people...who do you suggest does the censorship?

Is it? Why?

Outraging public decency for a start. I am all for free speech, but you have to draw a line somewhere. Besides, I believe anyone wishing to use facebook have to sign their terms and conditions prior to opening an account. If the said material violates those terms, then yes, facebook have the right to censor the user.

I hope it isn't MY joke that has caused the offence?

I don't really use it any more because you shouldn't speak ill of the dead, but can you let me know if the joke is as bas as this one?....

What did Michael Jackson say to the Priest?

I'll swap you 2 fives for a ten. :blush:

How about- why do Catholic priests like thirty eight year olds?

Because there's thirty of them.

I like sick jokes, where where is the line drawn? Every joke will offend SOMEbody.

Archived