Fb- Is this acceptable??

Is it? Why?

You originally asked "who should" do the censorship. I said FaceBook, you then asked for evidence of them actually doing it! As I said, different question...

Most jokes,especially on a page like you've mentioned,will be offensive to some people...who do you suggest does the censorship?

You originally asked "who should" do the censorship. I said FaceBook, you then asked for evidence of them actually doing it! As I said, different question...

Clearly, in the context it was asked, the question was which ones should be removed, not which ones have been.

If FB are in charge of removing jokes, then surely there could be no "dirty jokes" group, since they're all bound to offend some portion of the population.

The problem here seems to be that the jokes weren't the sort of dirty that the OP isn't easily offended by.

Clearly, in the context it was asked, the question was which ones should be removed, not which ones have been.

If FB are in charge of removing jokes, then surely there could be no "dirty jokes" group, since they're all bound to offend some people while amusing others.

Still a different question though isn't it!

Still a different question though isn't it!

It is. The point though, was to lead back to the original question of "Who does the censorship?", since in this case it's clearly not Facebook's place to do so.

"Outraging public decency" doesn't fly, the people who signed up to this group knew in advance it was likely to offend, that's part of the point of dirty jokes.

It is. The point though, was to lead back to the original question of "Who does the censorship?", since in this case it's clearly not Facebook's place to do so.

Why isn't it, they are responsible for the site!

Hence why I prefer SF, the mods keep it family friendly!

Why isn't it, they are responsible for the site!

That was the point of the second question!

How are they to judge which jokes to remove in a group that's specifically about dirty jokes? All the members have freely signed up in full knowledge of the content.

Hence why I prefer SF, the mods keep it family friendly!

That's absolutely fine in an area that is family friendly. It's fairly obvious from the title of the group that in this instance, that's specifically and obviously not the case.

A couple of months ago I liked a "dirty jokes" page on Facebook. I'm not easily offended & like a good laugh so I thought it'd be alright.

A couple of days ago the "admin" posted a joke that was insinuating peadaphilia. Lots of people commented & reported it but as of today that joke remains on the page.

Then today it has sunk even lower and the admin has posted a "joke" (and I use the term loosly) which is a very explicit peadophile joke. Very offensive indeed and totally unacceptable.

The comments are of total disgust & most have reported the post. However it still remains on Facebook. It gets worse aswell because one man has said the joke is ok and so people have resorted to calling him the "N" word. He has retaliated by saying peoples babys are cute on their profile pic. This was all posted over 6 hours ago and Facebook have done nothing. How long does Facebook usually take to respond??

You join a dirty joke page, then get offended. I imagine the staff at Facebook has better things to do that pander to your requests.

That was the point of the second question!

How are they to judge which jokes to remove in a group that's specifically about dirty jokes? All the members have freely signed up in full knowledge of the content.

That's absolutely fine in an area that is family friendly. It's fairly obvious from the title of the group that in this instance, that's specifically and obviously not the case.

They are bound by laws you know and they are responsible for all the content. Hence why they have been forced at times to remove content.

They are bound by laws you know

If this joke breached the law they would be right to remove it. Clearly it doesn't or it would already be gone.

and they are responsible for all the content.

In a private, opt in, members only group. I doubt they'd have much trouble batting that away unless they knew it was illegal and colluded, which is obviously not the case here.

Hence why they have been forced at times to remove content.

That was illegal or was public facing, I doubt they have the same obligations in a private members only group.

I think we're back to the original question again.

If this joke breached the law they would be right to remove it. Clearly it doesn't or it would already be gone.

No they are very lax at cleaning up! Always used to be in the news for it.

In a private, opt in, members only group. I doubt they'd have much trouble batting that away unless they knew it was illegal and colluded, which is obviously not the case here.

Not necessarily!

That was illegal or was public facing, I doubt they have the same obligations in a private members only group.

The laws still apply! (Just jokes are generally exempt)

I think we're back to the original question again.

It is and always will be their responsibility! (It was explained to me at Sheffield Chamber of Commerce years ago when I set up a private members site)

Archived