How many horses will die at Aintree?

How many horses will die at Aintree 2012?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How many horses will die at Aintree 2012?

• 1 / 2
    • 3 / 4
    • 4 / 5
    • more

Humans can consent. Animals can't. If there are humans participating in sports in the UK today who don't understand any of the inherent risks, then they shouldn't be involved in the sport.

I'll be up at silly o clock tomorrow morning to watch the grand prix; all 24 men involved there will be fully aware of the risks they are exposing themselves to. Animals just can't know that, obviously. There are plenty of other spectator sports/events. We don't need to exploit animals for our entertainment

Did you actually bother to read what I posted? I don't think you did, or if you did, you have no comprehension. I was extremely careful to only include pastimes and activities where the participants have very little, if any, choice.

I then went onto more adult activities where I guarantee the last reply to the question "why do you do this" would be "because I think I might be seriously injured or die".

You might be a petrol head but I think you know very little about horses and how they tick. Personally, I'd ban that noise polluting, petrol burning and pointless waste of time that you're prepared to get up at 'silly o'clock' to watch. But, unlike you, I realise that some people enjoy it.

This thread is getting very distateful, and a bit silly due to a couple of posters. I'll bow out now, as I said earlier I have my opinion and you will have yours, but that thing about a child being raped was frankly disgusting and should not have been allowed.

What about your threats of fisticuffs, is that how you sort deal with anybody who disagrees with you?

This thread is getting very distateful, and a bit silly due to a couple of posters. I'll bow out now, as I said earlier I have my opinion and you will have yours, but that thing about a child being raped was frankly disgusting and should not have been allowed.

On what grounds should a discussion of deilberately inculcating an attitude of acceptance be banned while another discussion of deliberately inculcating an attitude of acceptance should be allowed? They are identical.

Tongue in cheek. And slightly OT

I hope they ban Crufts miniature breeds as well.

Poor little puppies being bred with organ disorders etc.

And show jumping, poor pony might get injured.

And that thing our good Queen's daughter did/does

Princess Anne: Won two silver and one gold medal at the European Eventing Championships and is the only member of the British Royal Family to have competed in the Olympic Games

Italian footballer Piermario Morosini died today of an heart attack on the pitch in Italy, a great athlete apparently. Very sad news that is being over shaddowed by the deaths of two horses, i repeat, HORSES!!!

But he was bred for football & he enjoyed it - so doesn't that make it OK, according to a number of posts in this thread?

The child card is thrown in for effect on many threads its like playing the joker.

Archived