How many horses will die at Aintree?

How many horses will die at Aintree 2012?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How many horses will die at Aintree 2012?

• 1 / 2
    • 3 / 4
    • 4 / 5
    • more

Ahh some of these posts are just stupid.

The fact of the matter is these horses do NOT get a choice in this, they were made to race!

All the footballer talk is just rubbish, he chose to be a footballer he was not forced to do it, and did not die doing something he had been made to do. Its a great sadness that football has casued a death but you can not compare that to the horses dying at the grand national year on year.

The sport needs to be banned! and the sooner the better in my opinion!!!

Ahh some of these posts are just stupid.

The fact of the matter is these horses do NOT get a choice in this, they were made to race!

All the footballer talk is just rubbish, he chose to be a footballer he was not forced to do it, and did not die doing something he had been made to do. Its a great sadness that football has casued a death but you can not compare that to the horses dying at the grand national year on year.The sport needs to be banned! and the sooner the better in my opinion!!!

Have a word with yourself. They're horses, it's what they do. That's a person you're talking about here. Someone's child. What a tasteless thing to post, or even to think, quite honestly. How can you compare the death of animals to the death of a person?

I sincerely hope you've never eaten any meat in your life, since you were old enough to make the decision that animals are more important than people.

If the horses do not enjoy racing, why is it that they continue to run when the jockey falls off?

It is sad that horses have lost their life, however there are some statements to the effect that the horses would face a life of disability and pain, even if their injuries could be repaired, and thus it is kinder to shoot them than allow that to continue. If that is genuinely the case then I would be in favour of it, however it is still very sad.

I think Aintree does need to look at its safety measures to prevent injury to riders and horses, however it is a sadly common occurrence at racecourses across the country,

If the horses do not enjoy racing, why is it that they continue to run when the jockey falls off?

It is sad that horses have lost their life, however there are some statements to the effect that the horses would face a life of disability and pain, even if their injuries could be repaired, and thus it is kinder to shoot them than allow that to continue. If that is genuinely the case then I would be in favour of it, however it is still very sad.

I think Aintree does need to look at its safety measures to prevent injury to riders and horses, however it is a sadly common occurrence at racecourses across the country,

Fatalities are not that common and public outcry only surfaces at the time of the Grand National for the rest of the racing season there's barely a murmur.

Horse owners should be made to be responsible for the welfare of the horse after an injury, not just murder them!

But what if the best thing for the horse's welfare is to have them put down?

I see you've carefully avoided answering my earlier question about why not just (abuse the animals further) load them up and have them put down away from the racecourse and pretend they're fine. If all the owners care about is money, that would be the obvious solution, it would completely avoid this entire argument.

Fatalities are not that common and public outcry only surfaces at the time of the Grand National for the rest of the racing season there's barely a murmur.

In the big publicised events you are virtually guaranteed 5% of the horses will be put down!

Horse owners should be made to be responsible for the welfare of the horse after an injury, not just murder them!

Animal welfare includes making choices to prevent unecessary suffering and as has been pointed out numerous times it is sadly the kindest option to destroy the horse.

But what if the best thing for the horse's welfare is to have them put down?

I see you've carefully avoided answering my earlier question about why not just (abuse the animals further) load them up and have them put down away from the racecourse and pretend they're fine. If all the owners care about is money, that would be the obvious solution, it would completely avoid this entire argument.

How is it that it is always the thing which is done? As explained earlier, numerous times in fact, there are many situations where recovery is hard but we still do it! Should everyone put their dog down just because it's had a broken leg or such?

That last bit is senseless?

I'll go look for what i've missed, i'm not one to shirk...

Archived