How many horses will die at Aintree?

How many horses will die at Aintree 2012?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How many horses will die at Aintree 2012?

• 1 / 2
    • 3 / 4
    • 4 / 5
    • more

I have not read the entire thread so I may be repeating other posters, but why not remove the jumps or reduce them? No horses would need to die if the jumps were small or removed it would all be about the distance ran.

:thumbsup:

Also, not so many horses, 40 is obviously too many when you watch the start(s)...

Have a word with yourself. They're horses, it's what they do.

I sincerely hope you've never eaten any meat in your life, since you were old enough to make the decision that animals are more important than people.

I dont believe the horses have a choice- it is what they are bred to do- they dont know any different.

But I dont think the eating meat is the same comparison.

Regarding why do they keep running after they've kicked off the jockey- because they are herding animals- wild horses run together etc.

I do think the jumps shouldnt be as high. its every single year- the first 6 jumps knocks out at least 8 horses- and its got to be wrong some fatally/

Although I backed horses this year, I think from now on I will stick with the flat races. 2 more dead is too many

I have not read the entire thread so I may be repeating other posters, but why not remove the jumps or reduce them? No horses would need to die if the jumps were small or removed it would all be about the distance ran.
But then it wouldn't be the Grand National, in fact, it would just be a flat race ...

spooky3 - I have to agree with TsarChasm, which I hate to have to do, but you are really not making any sense. Anytime the exclamation marks comes excessively into play, it just makes your argument look hysterical.

spooky3 - I have to agree with TsarChasm, which I hate to have to do, but you are really not making any sense. Anytime the exclamation marks comes excessively into play, it just makes your argument look hysterical.

Which bit?

With modern medicine and practices, it's very possible to nurse them back to health, but since they probably won't be able to run again they put them down, not out of compassion but rather money. (look no surprising exclamation mark! oops!)

Which bit?

With modern medicine and practices, it's very possible to nurse them back to health, but since they probably won't be able to run again they put them down, not out of compassion but rather money. (look no surprising exclamation mark! oops!)

There are cases where horses have indeed been nursed back to health and have run again but in cases where the risks for the horse are high because of all the reasons you have been shown previously, they destroy it.

Archived