How many horses will die at Aintree?

How many horses will die at Aintree 2012?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How many horses will die at Aintree 2012?

• 1 / 2
    • 3 / 4
    • 4 / 5
    • more

Which bit?

With modern medicine and practices, it's very possible to nurse them back to health, but since they probably won't be able to run again they put them down, not out of compassion but rather money. (look no surprising exclamation mark! oops!)

You obviously know nothing about it, who do you think puts the horses down, the vets on that track are some of the best equine vets in the country.

The horse that died earlier in the Aintree meet actually fell and broke a leg very badly on the flat, so it appears in that case that the jumps played no part in the injury at all. The same applies in most of the deaths that happen in the US in races, as most of their races are on the flat. Both of the horses that died during the filming of the TV series Luck were racing on the flat when they collapsed and died too, and U B Carefull, who died earlier on this year after a race in Ludlow, won the race and then collapsed and died afterwards.

http://www.horsedeathwatch.com/

Really, If I'm honest I see the jumps and see horses fall and kinda look away if it looks bad with horses falling. They must train throughout the year on flat but dont suffer broken legs?

Really, If I'm honest I see the jumps and see horses fall and kinda look away if it looks bad with horses falling. They must train throughout the year on flat but dont suffer broken legs?

But they do. Injuries occur during training in much the same way and often with the same end result.

Archived