How many horses will die at Aintree?

How many horses will die at Aintree 2012?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How many horses will die at Aintree 2012?

• 1 / 2
    • 3 / 4
    • 4 / 5
    • more

If a couple of drivers died every year at the Silverstone Grand Prix, something would be done.

In fact Formula 1 did used to be very unsafe, with no run off areas, few decent crash barriers, cars that were death traps etc. It took Jackie Stewart to campaign for better safety and he was demonised for it. I think the Aintree races are about to undergo the same sort of turmoil.

So your saying the BBC lost crufts because they could not afford it, and chann 4 outbid them? It would take 2 secs to google the real reason. Maybe that is the case with say tennis or F1 but not crufts.

Are you and Taxman the same person, I did NOT state that, that was the reason for Crufts.

What is it with people on this forum, why do they INSIST on reading things that are not written?

Are you and Taxman the same person, I did NOT state that, that was the reason for Crufts.

What is it with people on this forum, why do they INSIST on reading things that are not written?

I asked why the BBC stopped boradcasting crufts, you said "the bbc lose alot of sporting programs because they are outbid" How can I read anything else? they dont broadcast it because of the inproper breeding. No me and taxman are not the same we just agree on the same.

Juust shunned by the BBC, and already crufts have been clapling down the in the breeding. Did it move to channel 4 because it is a better channel or because it was the only viewing it could get.

Shunned like the Grand National. It was the last BBC broadcast of the event today, with only another five days of horse racing being broadcast on the channel ever.

I take it, you have read your link?

Not very conclusive is it? :roll:

maybe you should try again.

"New figures released by the government show that last year the total of all horses and ponies slaughtered for meat in England, Scotland and Wales rose to 7,933, representing a 50% increase on the average number slaughtered in previous years."

I know the horse racing fraternity like to pretend their horses all go off to run around meadows....but come on, it's not blooming likely is it?

I'm not saying it is wrong to send old horses to the knackers yard to be made into salami, I'm just saying it is wrong to pretend it doesn't happen.

"New figures released by the government show that last year the total of all horses and ponies slaughtered for meat in England, Scotland and Wales rose to 7,933, representing a 50% increase on the average number slaughtered in previous years."

I know the horse racing fraternity like to pretend their horses all go off to run around meadows....but come on, it's not blooming likely is it?

I'm not saying it is wrong to send old horses to the knackers yard to be made into salami, I'm just saying it is wrong to pretend it doesn't happen.

It's not just horses that wear blinkers is it?

Taken from your own link.....

"A spokesman for the British Horseracing Authority hit back at this claim. "The official figures, specifically in relation to Britain, simply do not back this up," he said. "It should be borne in mind that Animal Aid campaigns against horseracing and is on the record as saying it would like to see racing banned. This claim should be seen in that context."

Some racehorses will cease competing after three or four years, others will go on until into their teens, yet they can live for up to 30 years, so many will have decades ahead of them once they stop racing."

I have not read the entire thread so I may be repeating other posters, but why not remove the jumps or reduce them? No horses would need to die if the jumps were small or removed it would all be about the distance ran.

The fatalities are most often caused because the jumps are too easy. When they used to be bigger and tougher, horses ran a lot more slowly when coming at them, and falls were very rarely fatal.

Archived