Your Eyes, What Value.

Whilst most people would wish him dead, or simply not care what happened to him so long as he suffered a lot for a very long time, I think there is much to be gained in studying him. Psychiatrists might be able to prevent this sort of thing happening quite so often if they understood it better, and I think he has waived any right not to take part in such studies/experiments.

In terms of retribution, whilst I feel great rage when I think about this and similar crimes, I cannot, and I believe that I/we should not, ever sink to the depths of even considering Sharia law, regardless of the crime, for their is nothing more barbaric, inhuman and primitive that Sharia. It debases the people who believe in it, and those who mete it out to a depth significantly lower than the criminals it seeks to punish. For the most part, I believe/hope, that the majority of people in this country have evolved to a higher level than those who practise Sharia and similar forms of superstitious barbarism elsewhere in the world.

Whilst most people would wish him dead, or simply not care what happened to him so long as he suffered a lot for a very long time, I think there is much to be gained in studying him. Psychiatrists might be able to prevent this sort of thing happening quite so often if they understood it better, and I think he has waived any right not to take part in such studies/experiments.

In terms of retribution, whilst I feel great rage when I think about this and similar crimes, I cannot, and I believe that I/we should not, ever sink to the depths of even considering Sharia law, regardless of the crime, for their is nothing more barbaric, inhuman and primitive that Sharia. It debases the people who believe in it, and those who mete it out to a depth significantly lower than the criminals it seeks to punish. For the most part, I believe/hope, that the majority of people in this country have evolved to a higher level than those who practise Sharia and similar forms of superstitious barbarism elsewhere in the world.

Poppycock, there is nothing to be gained from studying him, that old chestnut is what the weak roll out in defence of real punishment.

Poppycock, there is nothing to be gained from studying him, that old chestnut is what the weak roll out in defence of real punishment.
Yes, what could there possibly be gained from scientific study!

[by the way, this is pure sarcasm, for those of you who aren't able to tell.]

Yes, what could there possibly be gained from scientific study!

[by the way, this is pure sarcasm, for those of you who aren't able to tell.]

But there is nothing left to learn that we dont already know or that we could use to prevent any further incidents, grow a pair.

Never having sight and learning the world without it is one thing but to have it taken away like this poor woman is another, you would need a really really good reason such as family to stop yourself ending it all I feel. I dont think any price could be put on it, its the one sense I dont think I could live without.

Archived