To aid the country, mothers stay home.

what makes you think that what you suggest is natural?

the whole women don't go to work thing was something that cropped up after the second world war to try and free some jobs up for demobbed soldiers.

before that only posh women didn't work

The thread is not about women not working. It's about mothers not working when there's children to be looked after.

Oh come on, this is one of those trolling posts. The genie is out of the bottle, and you can't imprison it again. Anymore than we can change anything once it's done. A lot of men wouldn't want this to happen because they don't do any housework or childcare and yet have access to a better standard of living because their partner works outside the home as well as in it.

Another way would be, after the first year, for both partners to work part time and share the income and the child care between them? Fathers are always moaning that they don't have time to spend with their kids. Although how would it work when daddy or mummy's run off and can't be found? Or has died or is disabled. Or if the female was a professional who was required to work excessive hours?

Or if the man doesn't want to do his fair share in the home, he could share the income equally with the woman so that she doesn't lose out on her own income. And then pay her for all the work she does in the home, like his washing and stuff?

The possibilities are endless. Rather like they are now :)

You point may have had some validity if all you suggested was that a parent stayed at home, and you dropped the "natural order" clap trap.

Whether you like it or not, many do see it as the natural order. Evidence shows, in mammals, it is the natural order.

Now you've had your rant, care to comment on the workings? Any pros or cons as to the op? Or do you want me to provide you with more terms to jump on.

Are you suggesting anything I have written in this thread is unnatural and not how things have previously worked?

Whether you like it or not, many do see it as the natural order. Evidence shows, in mammals, it is the natural order.

Now you've had your just fit, care to comment on the workings? Any pros or cons as to the op? Or do you want me to provide you with more terms to jump on.

Are you suggesting anything I have written in this thread is unnatural and not how things have previously worked?

What's wrong, wasn't your tea on the table when you got home from work? :hihi:

Archived