To aid the country, mothers stay home.

In the animal kingdom it is generally the case that the male of the species does the real work whilst the female skulks at home with the kids. This is also true from neandathal (never could spell that and can't be assed to check it ) days when man was the hunter gatherer and woman was the home maker.

In the animal kingdom it is generally the case that the male of the species does the real work whilst the female skulks at home with the kids. This is also true from neandathal (never could spell that and can't be assed to check it ) days when man was the hunter gatherer and woman was the home maker.

You go steady using facts like that on here.

Whether you like it or not, many do see it as the natural order. Evidence shows, in mammals, it is the natural order.

Now you've had your just fit, care to comment on the workings? Any pros or cons as to the op? Or do you want me to provide you with more terms to jump on.

Are you suggesting anything I have written in this thread is unnatural and not how things have previously worked?

Other than in pre-history, it's very rarely worked like this. The most cursory glance at historical records would show that all degrees and classes of women have always worked, often in conjunction with looking after children and having charge of the household. The main difference now is that we're allowed to keep our own earnings and not have to turn them over to the male 'head of the household', we can divorce him and still keep our children. It gives us autonomy as free human beings. I think it all works quite well, really. :)

Other than in pre-history, it's very rarely worked like this. The most cursory glance at historical records would show that all degrees and classes of women have always worked, often in conjunction with looking after children and having charge of the household. The main difference now is that we're allowed to keep our own earnings and not have to turn them over to the male 'head of the household', we can divorce him and still keep our children. It gives us autonomy as free human beings. I think it all works quite well, really. :)

And no labelling me a troll. Thanks.

You're right, women have always worked. But society, even nature expects them to fulfil their natural role. This is not about me being sexist.

Women are the mothers and have a duty as such?

Yes women do have autonomy and rightly so. Does that mean that autonomy should affect a child that doesn't have autonomy?

Makes sense really when you think about it. It's often argued that societies ills are a result of the breakdown of the family.

If mum stays at home:

The amount of freed up jobs would give all the young people jobs and ultimately a sense of purpose.

The family unit will be established and respected in more homes. Crime levels would fall.

The government would save a fortune in child care.

What do you think? Once they've had the kids, should mothers put everything on hold until say the child is 18?

Do you have any reasons why things should go back to the natural order?

That wont wash with today's generations of women. They have known and experienced equal rights for the past 4 decades at least and are not going back to what their grandmas accepted as their place in society

And no labelling me a troll. Thanks.

You're right, women have always worked. But society, even nature expects them to fulfil their natural role. This is not about me being sexist.

Women are the mothers and have a duty as such?

Yes women do have autonomy and rightly so. Does that mean that autonomy should affect a child that doesn't have autonomy?

I've made my proposals in my previous posts. Although I personally believe that families should be allowed to work out their own financial and living arrangements, based on the attitudes to work and family they discussed either before getting together or starting to have kids.

If the woman doesn't want to work at all while she has small children, how is that fair on the man? Why should he have all the responsibility for bringing the money in, probably doing a rubbish job that he hates? To misquote you - men are fathers and have a duty as such. Why shouldn't he have the opportunity to look after his children and his home?

As for the freeing up of jobs for young men, why should that be women's responsibility? And would the young men be prepared to do the jobs anyway? A moot point, imo.

Archived