To aid the country, mothers stay home.

That wont wash with today's generations of women. They have known and experienced equal rights for the past 4 decades at least and are not going back to what their grandmas accepted as their place in society

I know plenty of women that would gladly give up the supermarket tills to stay at home with the kids, clean the house in the day instead of after work and still have time for tea and a chat with friends. Some work because they have to and not because they want to.

Why is it that women have to make the sacrifice to improve our society?

I wouldn’t look at staying at home with the kids as a sacrifice; going to work is the sacrifice many women have to make in order to help to pay everything the family needs.

I wouldn’t look at staying at home with the kids as a sacrifice; going to work is the sacrifice many women have to make in order to help to pay everything the family needs.

Maybe that's where the problems are right there. People see the most natural thing in the world as a sacrifice. They never consider the act of creating it to be much of a sacrifice.

Maybe were too soft and right on for our own children's good.

I know plenty of women that would gladly give up the supermarket tills to stay at home with the kids, clean the house in the day instead of after work and still have time for tea and a chat with friends. Some work because they have to and not because they want to.

I know women who want to become business professionals and have no desire to anchor their lives to dependence on a man, stay at home, bake cookies and watch the soaps to the point of screaming boredom.

I know guys who are stay at home moms because their wives make a lot more money than they do.

Thank god we live in a world of free choice

It is if that choice is taken away from women, as you have pointed out in the same post!

I know women who want to become business professionals and have no desire to anchor their lives to dependence on a man, stay at home, bake cookies and watch the soaps to the point of screaming boredom.

I know guys who are stay at home moms because their wives make a lot more money than they do.

Thank debate and critical thinking we live in a world of free choice

Just had to amend something.

Not even if it makes society better.

It wouldn't make society any better. We only think that society was better in the old days because married people stayed together but that was because women were completey reliant on men and were discouraged from learning anything else other than cooking and washing. The parish priests also told them not to have any ideas about doing otherwise

Divorce or separation when exisiting in a miserable marriage was not an option and there must have been untold numbers of rotten marriages and very unhappy couples with it.

Archived