To aid the country, mothers stay home.

Women play the more important role I guess. It has often been suggested women not playing this role has lead to the breakdown of the family unit and as such society.
I wouldn't agree with that conclusion. I think that men not playing to their strengths as men, husbands and fathers has been pivotal in the breakdown of the family unit and, as such, society.

It seems to be that in general, men as a cultural artifact were so miffed at having their power whipped away from under their noses that many took their bats and balls home and stopped playing the game. Instead of mature men, such as my father's generation were, we now have hordes of perpetual boy-children playing on their x-boxes, spending hours on the internet, playing and watching 'sport' and generally not taking any responsibility for their families.

Perhaps women should stop shouldering all the responsibility for everything and force men to resume their correct place in 'the natural order'. Carrying heavy stuff and doing DIY and the dirty jobs ... it's their destiny. We should encourage them to fulfill their destiny.

I wouldn't agree with that conclusion. I think that men not playing to their strengths as men, husbands and fathers has been pivotal in the breakdown of the family unit and, as such, society.

It seems to be that in general, men as a cultural artifact were so miffed at having their power whipped away from under their noses that many took their bats and balls home and stopped playing the game. Instead of mature men, such as my father's generation were, we now have hordes of perpetual boy-children playing on their x-boxes, spending hours on the internet, playing and watching 'sport' and generally not taking any responsibility for their families.

Perhaps women should stop shouldering all the responsibility for everything and force men to resume their correct place in 'the natural order'. Carrying heavy stuff and doing DIY and the dirty jobs ... it's their destiny. We should encourage them to fulfill their destiny.

You can come round mine with your whip any time rubydazzler! ;)

Do you not think the women's liberation movement equality and political correctness have gone some way towards removing men of their masculinity?

Look at the reception I got for suggesting mothers be mothers.

No. It's a debate. On a forum.

Though do you not think they should accept responsibility for the upbringing of the child.

Do I really have to qualify my statement with "do you believe?" I have managed to work out that this is a discussion and not your personal manifesto.

Back on topic. No, I think that the parents should both be responsibility for the child.

I know women who want to become business professionals and have no desire to anchor their lives to dependence on a man, stay at home, bake cookies and watch the soaps to the point of screaming boredom.

I know guys who are stay at home moms because their wives make a lot more money than they do.

Thank god we live in a world of free choice

They tend not to have kids so the OP doesn't apply.

They tend not to have kids so the OP doesn't apply.

If thought through properly I'm sure the system could be modified so one parent must stay at home. At the choice of the parents. Though that could also lead to the lazy father staying home and neglecting the kids whilst the mother fulfills both duties.

Archived