To aid the country, mothers stay home.

Don't get me wrong. If I had kids I imagine I would love to stay at home with them. The world of work doesn't seen half as rewarding.

Absolutely, but on the other hand, looking after kids isn't generally an easy task. (no, not hard, but there are various reasons as to why i'm always glad to return my nieces and nephews)

Do I really have to qualify my statement with "do you believe?" I have managed to work out that this is a discussion and not your personal manifesto.

Back on topic. No, I think that the parents should both be responsibility for the child.

How about at least one should stay at home.

And yes. If you're going to hold me accountable for all my hypotheticals.

Absolutely, but on the other hand, looking after kids isn't generally an easy task. (no, not hard, but there are various reasons as to why i'm always glad to return my nieces and nephews)

No one ever said parenting is easy. Isn't that why this thread is actually relevant? Bringing up children is a full time job not to between lightly.

Do you not think the women's liberation movement equality and political correctness have gone some way towards removing men of their masculinity?

Look at the reception I got for suggesting mothers be mothers.

No I don't. You can't remove masculinity ... it's a given. But you can relinquish cultural aspects of the male role and I suppose that's what happened. Males just gave up being men and stayed as boys?

As for your reception, how long can anyone spend being a mother? Once the first year and the breastfeeding is over, they're almost ready for nursery school and after that, they're in school most of the day. So with the average family standing at 1.3 children, round it up to 2, the most a parent could spend solely parenting is 10 years. And if they share the responsibility between them, we're down to 5.

I'm not sure what your aim is in this discussion. You keep talking about 'women' and then in your next post remind us that this thread is about 'mothers' :confused:

Exactly. If mother out at work and he stays home. What chance do kids have. May as well keep both of them home and give mother the influence over the children.

Hey why not confiscate all the children and throw them in orphanages (i'm sure i've seen a film or two like this, and a thread on here about Communist social groups which live in the forests)...

Now runs for cover from people who will take that seriously!

The government could give women the choice, the government gives some families money for child care costs, why not give that money to the mother if she wants to stay at home with the kids. I know one young mother and the government pay more out in child care costs than she earns, it would be better if the government let her stay at home and keep the child care money. She gets about £50 a week more because she works, but it costs the tax payer £200 to look after her children. Give her the £50 to stay at home and that frees up a job and saves some money.

How about at least one should stay at home.

And yes. If you're going to hold me accountable for all my hypotheticals.

As I said in my first post, if you said a parent should stay at home to raise the child instead of the mother staying at home, I think that then it would be interesting to see where the debate went.

I'm not sure what your aim is in this discussion. You keep talking about 'women' and then in your next post remind us that this thread is about 'mothers' :confused:

Do I?

I haven't meant to trap anyone. I think you will find people have suggested I mean all women.

Archived