Ideally tomorrow at 5pm

bassett-boys

Finally Roy admits defeat and most importantly how poor his side actually are, false league leaders!!!. Relying on the oppositions injuries etc. Injuries or not you WILL lose tomorrow and I will laugh whilst drinking a cold one tomorrow night whilst thinking about you!

Basset hound - there is no such thing as false league leaders, especially when they did the double over Sheffield United. We do not need to rely on opposition having injuries to beat them. Especially sides who we have already beaten twice this season 4-0 and 2-0.

charlton = poor and ripped apart if they go up!

Like the last three sides to win the league one title were poor and got ripped apart?

CheekyBandit is correct. Charlton don't need to rely on opposition injuries to beat them. They just need to rely on time-wasting, play-acting and immense good fortune.

I saw both games when they played Sheffield United. I've no arguments with the 0-2 defeat at home. They had two chances and put them away and we weren't good enough to break them down.

At their place it was a different matter. For 90 minutes we played them off the park. But they scored with one excellent free kick and that was that.

They seem to have had more than their fair share of good fortune, scraping games 1-0 on a regular basis. I've normally no axe to grind with Charlton - but I don't like the cynical tactics that they employ.

It would be poetic justice if they got knocked off their perch in these last few games imo.

Over a season you get what you deserve and if Charlton win the league they will have deserved it even though their footy isn't pretty.

If United come 2nd thwy will have deserved it(GRRRRRR)but we can look back at our poor run under GM and say thay had cost us and if we had won 4 out of the 10 instead of 2 we would have deserved 2nd place,but its still all to play for at this moment,lets hope it carrys on to the last day.

CheekyBandit is correct. Charlton don't need to rely on opposition injuries to beat them. They just need to rely on time-wasting, play-acting and immense good fortune.

I saw both games when they played Sheffield United. I've no arguments with the 0-2 defeat at home. They had two chances and put them away and we weren't good enough to break them down.

At their place it was a different matter. For 90 minutes we played them off the park. But they scored with one excellent free kick and that was that.

They seem to have had more than their fair share of good fortune, scraping games 1-0 on a regular basis. I've normally no axe to grind with Charlton - but I don't like the cynical tactics that they employ.

It would be poetic justice if they got knocked off their perch in these last few games imo.

I should open a shop that sells sour grapes as I sell loads

He predicts United will catch Charlton every week but with 4 games to go they are still top!

I have been predicting Charlton to be caught for at least a couple of months, to be precise the end of January after I had seen United and Wednesday both come out with the wrong results against a very poor Charlton performance. Also seen them on Sky and stuff and they really are lacking any sort of real oomph or attacking flair. When I first predicted it Charlton had a significant lead at the top however I knew this would falter and disappear because they were always going to come undone at some point soon as teams started to realise they can be beat.

Six points the gap, 1 game today could well see this reduce to at least 4 points in my opinion, however 3 points would be even better. Charlton are poor, as Derby Tup states, scraping 1-0 wins with poor performances against lesser teams. Form guides over the last x amount of weeks have shown Charlton to be mid-table at best, only more recently have a couple of flukey results given them a bit of pride in the form ranks.

I still predict Charlton to be caught Speedy correct

I have been predicting Charlton to be caught for at least a couple of months, to be precise the end of January after I had seen United and Wednesday both come out with the wrong results against a very poor Charlton performance. Also seen them on Sky and stuff and they really are lacking any sort of real oomph or attacking flair. When I first predicted it Charlton had a significant lead at the top however I knew this would falter and disappear because they were always going to come undone at some point soon as teams started to realise they can be beat.

Six points the gap, 1 game today could well see this reduce to at least 4 points in my opinion, however 3 points would be even better. Charlton are poor, as Derby Tup states, scraping 1-0 wins with poor performances against lesser teams. Form guides over the last x amount of weeks have shown Charlton to be mid-table at best, only more recently have a couple of flukey results given them a bit of pride in the form ranks.

I still predict Charlton to be caught Speedy correct

Cant fault your optimism mate but I think it's a bit late in the day!

He didn't predict the date of the League One Play Off final very well :rolleyes:

ye i hope bassett has sorted his dates out because if utd do slip up he would make himself look very very silly going to wembley on the 19th:hihi::hihi::roll:

ye i hope bassett has sorted his dates out because if utd do slip up he would make himself look very very silly going to wembley on the 19th:hihi::hihi::roll:

no need for wembley!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived