Santander, the bailif and the £0.00 balance

Anyone want a good giggle ?

I have a letter in front of me from santander saying they are sending out a collection agent ( bailif ) to collect my outstanding balance of £0.00 , this sum is stated on the letter head.

I apparently have been passed over to scotcall ltd. and must deal directly with them , are they having me on or what ?

I think a ring to the head of collections a Mr andy hall is in order who sent me this letter !

I have a letter in front of me from santander saying they are sending out a collection agent ( bailif ) to collect my outstanding balance of £0.00 , this sum is stated on the letter head.

I apparently have been passed over to scotcall ltd. and must deal directly with them , are they having me on or what ?

I think a ring to the head of collections a Mr andy hall is in order who sent me this letter !

It'll be a computer glitch, lets hope Scotcall don't add on a collection fee or it may become very frustrating to you.

I was going to also say a above, I've heard of this happening and it was apparently a mission and a half to get the original company who they apparently owed to pay the fees. I'd get in touch with whoever at santander sent it ASAP :-)

All there is to say on the matter is floccinaucinihilipilification.

Although they might charge you for the bailiffs time so there will be some value in it for someone.

I personally know of someone who ended up paying out £130 in such a situation. I am not aware of all the details, but she finished up in a position where she either paid up £130, or had to go to court to defend. She would have won the the case of course, but because of her situation she paid up the money. Whether it is some "legal scam" that they have going or not, I would not know.

Send them a cheque for £0.00. Go on I dare you :hihi:

Guest sibon

To be fair, if you will get yourself in a position where you owe nothing to a bank, you only have yourself to blame.

Next time, act more responsibly.:)

Archived