People alive today that will go down in history

So what is the real aim here, Bill making his own history:

1. Because he is well known;

2. Because giving money to Science is better than solving the problem practically - Science being more 'alluring' than a practical solution - can't put it into words properly but you know what I mean (don't you?):

I think I do know what you mean, I'm not sure that you do though, it's pretty stupid. Science is how we come up with practical solutions, it is the very best tool we have for understanding the world around us.

Maybe he doesn't care about suffering and just wants to give himself a good legacy, if so: who cares, motivation doesn't matter if he gets it done.

"Where appropriate, countries and communities are being encouraged to reduce mosquito breeding sites by filling in and draining water bodies and through other environmental management schemes." Taken from:

http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/diseases/malaria/en/

But who is going to give money to such 'unflattering-yet-practical' schemes when 'medicine' has the answer to everything!

What are you on about? Bill Gate's is working with the WHO, they aren't rivals, working against each other.

Oh wait, hold on, I've just seen your other link to Salem news, and now I'm guessing your mind is completely closed on this issue, right?

Bill Gates is a sinister force who's a key player in a global conspiracy to control us all right? Yawn.

I don't think any of them will go down in history, there have been many a greater man and woman alive today who should make history but never will because the press will not recognize them...

In fact, the only man i admire off you little list is Richard Branson and thats only because he had the balls to carry on despite his poor background :)

Bill Gates has changed the entire world.

Without Windows, which he invented, non of us would be communicating today.

Try to work MS DoS and you wont be able to do it.

Utter Utter Rubbish ! What about ios or linux ?

I worked for years with MS and DR dos, and never had a problem that couldn't be solved.

Visual windowed computing is the norm now, but it's very slow to operate compared to a command line environment, and so much of the computer hardware is tied up in presenting what is essentially a Disk Operating System with an idiot proof windowed interface.

And you can only say that someone "changed the world" if you have another identical world where they don't exist to compare it with.

Archived