Over filled my car with oil now it's running like crap

Hi I've over filled my car with oil now it's running like crap. I'm thinking it need new spark plugs as it's very slow and got now power. Is it possible for engine to dump oil all over spark plus

I do believe it is.

I have just started driving a petrol car after 20 years of diesels.

It is a completely differnt way of driving.

Petrol cars go like a sack of spanners and have no power.

You have to run them at high revs and in low gear, bloody useless things they are.

However, if I remember, (the last petrol I had still had points dont forget) remove the plugs, and if they a deposit on them, clean them with a soft brass brush, and check the gap, that may improve them somewhat.

Also check the HT leads as they may have shorted.

Why we still bother with petrol cars is astonishing.

Not really sure what driving petrol vs diesel has got to do with overfilling an engine with oil? I agree, all those Ferraris and Lamborghinis have no power at all from their petrol engines :rolleyes:

You may need new plugs. Can you not just drain the oil and refill with the correct amount? I replaced my drain plug with one with a switch so if you had this I'd recommend just draining some oil out then checking levels and topping up as required.

Not really sure what driving petrol vs diesel has got to do with overfilling an engine with oil? I agree, all those Ferraris and Lamborghinis have no power at all from their petrol engines :rolleyes:

You may need new plugs. Can you not just drain the oil and refill with the correct amount? I replaced my drain plug with one with a switch so if you had this I'd recommend just draining some oil out then checking levels and topping up as required.

A diesel will just pull the excess out and burn it.

Those cars you mention have no power, they are just fibreglass cases on a massive engine.

Petrol engines are usless, and a waste of money.

To have to rev at 3000 rpm just get anywhere is obscene.

A diesel will just pull the excess out and burn it.

Those cars you mention have no power, they are just fibreglass cases on a massive engine.

Driving petrol cars: you're doing it wrong.

If you have overfilled and your oil pressure is good there is a chance it could force its way past the oil rings causing damage in the process,check for excess smoke from exhaust ..get it seen to pronto

Please take note of Glamrocker and drop the oil out ASAP,you can cause nearly as much damage to an engine by overfilling with oil than you can by underfilling it.

Have you tried a petrol engine with a turbo? don't need to rev them past 3000rpm but if you do it's serious fun, obviously if you like that kind of thing...and yes, I own a diesel:D

Hi I've over filled my car with oil now it's running like crap. I'm thinking it need new spark plugs as it's very slow and got now power. Is it possible for engine to dump oil all over spark plus

If you put oo much oil in an engine the crankshaft and con rods can hit the oil as they spin. The drag caused will seriously sap power. It will also cause the oil and componemts to overheat and damage the engine beyond repair.

Archived