Over filled my car with oil now it's running like crap

Hi I've over filled my car with oil now it's running like crap. I'm thinking it need new spark plugs as it's very slow and got now power. Is it possible for engine to dump oil all over spark plus

Don't drive it till you have removed the excess oil.

Hi I've over filled my car with oil now it's running like crap. I'm thinking it need new spark plugs as it's very slow and got now power. Is it possible for engine to dump oil all over spark plus

Just as an aside, how do you overfill a car engine with oil.? Check the dipstick, add a little oil, check again, maybe add a little more. Start engine and run for a couple of minutes. Let it stand for 5 mins and dip again to be sure it's at the right level. How do you overfill?.

Angel.

Just as an aside, how do you overfill a car engine with oil.? Check the dipstick, add a little oil, check again, maybe add a little more. Start engine and run for a couple of minutes. Let it stand for 5 mins and dip again to be sure it's at the right level. How do you overfill?.

Angel.

Much easier way that that. I use the following when I change my oil.

I use Google to find out how much oil it needs and then put that amount in. No faffing about.

A diesel will just pull the excess out and burn it.

Those cars you mention have no power, they are just fibreglass cases on a massive engine.

Petrol engines are usless, and a waste of money.

To have to rev at 3000 rpm just get anywhere is obscene.

Why did you buy one then?

Stop moaning and buy another diesel if you love them so much.

So you're saying 500+bhp cars have no power then?

Formula 1 cars also have no power and aren't very quick at all, nor are those Indy cars very quick either, or those GT cars, all very slow because they're petrol cars.

Just because you can't drive them does not make them slow. It just means you can't drive.

I made mistake of putting oil in without checking as oil light was flickering on tick over so just assumed was out of oil wont be doing that again

Flickering oil light on tickover, low oil pressure - I assume the engine has done a fair few miles. It may well be banjaxed now.

Angel.

Flickering oil light on tickover, low oil pressure - I assume the engine has done a fair few miles. It may well be banjaxed now.

Angel.

Could be the oil pump on its way out.

Why did you buy one then?

Stop moaning and buy another diesel if you love them so much.

So you're saying 500+bhp cars have no power then?

Formula 1 cars also have no power and aren't very quick at all, nor are those Indy cars very quick either, or those GT cars, all very slow because they're petrol cars.

Just because you can't drive them does not make them slow. It just means you can't drive.

Shut up, those tears are making your mascara run btw.;)

Archived