London met uni considering banning alcohol for its muslim students.

Just found a very interesting article on the telegraph news page,to attract more muslim students they are considering banning alcohol.We all know uni kids do like a good drink..Not sure if the latest spin will go down too well.

heres the link to the telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/9199759/London-Metropolitan-University-mulls-alcohol-ban-for-conservative-Muslim-students.html

What do you make of it.

Many of its female Muslim students "can only really go to university within four miles of home and have to be delivered and picked up by a close male relative", he said.

I'd like to know why this is, is it in the Koran? Is it the same for men too?

Are they going to ban students consuming alchol on the premises or in general ? I understand most union bars aren't doing too well as most students will drink in town anyway.

Sounds a bit of a non story unless they are going to breath test kids before lectures.

Are they going to ban students consuming alchol on the premises or in general ? I understand most union bars aren't doing too well as most students will drink in town anyway.

Sounds a bit of a non story unless they are going to breath test kids before lectures.

Yes on the premises id say,dont most campuses have a uni bar..

Are they going to ban students consuming alchol on the premises or in general ?

They're going to stop selling it in some bars in order to make those places more attractive to Muslim students.

Just to clarify the case, because the truth is a wonderful thing.

Prof Gillies said he would work with students to have areas on campus where "one serves alcohol and others don't".

They're going to stop selling it in some bars in order to make those places more attractive to Muslim students.

Just to clarify the case, because the truth is a wonderful thing.

Prof Gillies said he would work with students to have areas on campus where "one serves alcohol and others don't".

Doesnt seem right to me to be honest,whatever next.

Doesnt seem right to me to be honest,whatever next.

That alcohol is freely available on-campus and off-campus, and that some areas that are currently bars are being considered as areas with no alcohol in order to appeal to a different section of students. Why is that not right?

If alcohol was banned everywhere, in order to appease Muslim sensibilities, then you may have a point. It isn't, and it won't be, so you don't.

Nothing has happened. No change has taken place. It was AN IDEA suggested, that's all. The Mail version is:

"Oh My God Now Muslims Ban Beer!!!!!!"

when nothing of the kind has happened. It's spin designed to flush out those islamaphobes desperate to slag off muslims for any reason they can think of, even made-up stories like this.

nothing has happened. No change has taken place. It was an idea suggested, that's all. The mail version is:

"oh my god now muslims ban beer!!!!!!"

when nothing of the kind has happened. It's spin designed to flush out those islamaphobes desperate to slag off muslims for any reason they can think of, even made-up stories like this.

was = is

Archived