London met uni considering banning alcohol for its muslim students.

Greater accommodation for Muslims (especially as London Met has a large number of Muslim students) is not the same thing as a 'creeping Islamisation of British public life'. This country is not going to become Muslim.

We're gradually seeing more and more "accommodation for Muslims", like toilets in some prisons having to be re-plumbed so they're not facing Mecca. Its getting silly.

And the apologists!

I certainly wouldn't apologise for someone taking my liberty to drink away. It's my body, I'll put what I want into it. No business of anyones to ban alcohol or be my moral guardian.

My point here is that this is not happening. There's no ban.

1/5 is a very sizeable minority (have also seen it quoted as 1/4, not 1/5). Less than 1/5 of people are vegetarian, use wheelchairs etc - but that doesn't mean those minorities shouldn't be catered for.

In any case, it's only a consideration, nothing has been decided, and they're still planning to sell alcohol in some of the bars anyway. It may simply be a publicity stunt.

There could only be a comparison there if wheelchair users were catered for but able bodied people prevented from being able bodied (stop people from using their legs?), and vegetarians catered for at the expense of banning meat for the rest. :)

We're gradually seeing more and more "accommodation for Muslims", like toilets in some prisons having to be re-plumbed so they're not facing Mecca. Its getting silly.

I'd like to see a link to that story that isn't some Mail nonsense.

You have to be kidding,if we had to use their toilets we would have to squat in a hole.

I certainly wouldn't apologise for someone taking my liberty to drink away. It's my body, I'll put what I want into it. No business of anyones to ban alcohol or be my moral guardian.

My point here is that this is not happening. There's no ban.

As I pointed out to you earlier, this is suggestion of placing a ban in 'certain' areas!

I understand that that doesn't mean a total ban.

You feel your way of life has been destructed because someone at a university in London has suggested alcohol-free zones?
Don't be daft. Not my way of life; I left uni years ago! This sort of thing will keep happening though, in places of education, work, retail, recreation etc., chipping away little by little until we have nothing left to live for. Believe me, life is not worth living in many countries in the world, and I don't want the UK to be one of them. It's bad enough having the CofE interfering with the law and telling us what we can and can't do!

Archived