London met uni considering banning alcohol for its muslim students.

I think this is one of the reasons that Muslims and none Muslims do not intergrate as they should. After leaving school both sections drift apart... We should be encouraging young people to socialize together rather than segregate...

There's no sport playing together, no watching sport together, no clubbing, no pubbing, no dancing, no festival visits together.... Young people have nothing in common. No wonder we have problems..

You cant just say that, It quite clearly would put some people off.

I can just say that. Frank's rather silly claim was that some people would be excluded. They quite plainly wouldn't.

As you suggest, some hardcore boozers might be disinclined to attend an event where there was no alcohol being served. In no sense would they be prevented from attending though.

You cant just say that, It quite clearly would put some people off.

why would it?

say youve got 3 bars in a uni, and they make one alcohol free, obviously people who want a drink can still go to 2 bars, whats it matter if theres 2 or 3?

and believe it or not theres more than just muslims who dont drink, somebody might want to go just sit with a coffee and read a book in a comfortable surrounding, rather than sat in a room full of drunken shouting, laughing

They aren't stopping anybody drinking. Are you saying they should abandon their religion & start drinking because some other people like a drink?
No, nothing of the sort, but if they want to be British and part of Britain, they should be comfortable in the presence of others who are drinking.

I can just say that. Frank's rather silly claim was that some people would be excluded. They quite plainly wouldn't.

As you suggest, some hardcore boozers might be disinclined to attend an event where there was no alcohol being served. In no sense would they be prevented from attending though.

Right OK then well some muslims might be disinclined to attend an event where there is alcohol being served but in no sense are they excluded.

True. In much the same way that a minority group are not prevented from attending when other people are drinking.

If I planned to attend a social function in the evening, I'd most likely expect to have a drink. Having the event made dry to pander to a religious minority would be irksome.

No, nothing of the sort, but if they want to be British and part of Britain, they should be comfortable in the presence of others who are drinking.

some people see our drinking culture as something thats destroying us.....and not just muslims

and not ALL english drink, some hate it

True. In much the same way that a minority group are not prevented from attending when other people are drinking.

If I planned to attend a social function in the evening, I'd most likely expect to have a drink. Having the event made dry to pander to a religious minority would be irksome.

it wouldnt be my cup of tea either really tbh but...........

Archived