London met uni considering banning alcohol for its muslim students.

yes and banning the sale is to try and ban it.

Considering is not trying, and stopping the sale in part of the campus and allowing it another part is not a ban.

can you tell me why its ok for 20% of a a population to have its views imposed on the remaining 80% ?

If they were doing that, I wouldn't defend it. In this context, muslims aren't trying to impose their views on everyone else. It wasn't even their idea. People at London Met Uni can still buy booze.

I thought this whole thing had been put to bed.

yes and banning the sale is to try and ban it.

No it isn't, it's to stop the sale of it. If they wanted to ban it they'd have done so, although how they'd enforce it I don't know.

can you tell me why its ok for 20% of a a population to have its views imposed on the remaining 80% ?

Nothing is being imposed on anybody, but can you tell me why it's okay for you to misrepresent what is happening and to blame the misrepresentation on a minority?

this thread re-emerged because I started a new thread. My title was too different to this one for it to be shown up in the auto search.

Maybe you could read this one then, as all your points and misinformation have been answered and corrected.

Maybe you could read this one then, as all your points and misinformation have been answered and corrected.

considering the news report on this has the headline "London Metropolitan University mulls alcohol ban for 'conservative Muslim students'" its perfectly acceptable to take that on face value. So accusing someone of spreading misinformation is a tad harsh.

Isn't it wise to find out what the details are before going into outraged mode and looking for your pitchfork and flaming torch?

Not everyone is as wise and all knowing as you obviously think you are Cyclone.

You can improve your wisdom to levels close to my own by following that advice in the future.

The 'knowing' bit will obviously follow from doing the basic research before getting all angry, and it'll help with your blood pressure. :D

Archived