Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

If you say "There is no God", then you're simply ignorant to the size of the universe and our place within it.

A believers opinion is much more credible because the size of the universe is vast, and only a fool would believe out of 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the observable universe that ours hosts the smartest civilization.

And if you believe there's a chance that there are smarter civilizations, then there's a chance that they have the technology to create life (Just as humans can) thus bringing the possibility of a creator into existence.

There should be no atheists left on the forum after reading that, unless they simply cannot comprehend the scale of the universe.

And it is difficult, so to be fair I would forgive anybody as stupid as an atheist for not understanding.

Everybody is agnostic whether they like it or not, because none of us know. That's the only certainty.

You are putting words into peoples mouths. I have never said we are the smartest species, you only have to walk up West Street on a Saturday night to know that's not true but that doesn't mean God created the universe no matter how vast it is and you calling atheists idiots because they have a different opinion of how life was created does not help your cause. Nobody has took to calling you names:roll::roll:

yes i do. because behind this world,space,sky,trees,oceans,people and more more..

there is who made them,not only made, also keeping them performing for humans.

So it is the only one him.

Some people will say why we cant see him. I say ok i use my brain to do my things,decide,think,learn,feel etc... but i dont see my brain so!!

Also when i follow him i become so happy and have easy life. if i have bad things that is mean he wants to hear my prays.

That's sweet but do your parents know that you are posting on here?

If you say "There is no God", then you're simply ignorant to the size of the universe and our place within it.

Although I don't believe there is no God, I AM an atheist (in the truest sense of the word) and I am well aware that the universe is beyond vast, beyond comprehension even. I'm also fully aware that we are but a speck within it. I don't see how anyone who believes there is NO God shouldn't be aware of this also.

On the contrary, there's many theists who seem to think WE are the centre of the Universe.

A believers opinion is much more credible because the size of the universe is vast, and only a fool would believe out of 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the observable universe that ours hosts the smartest civilization.

Whoah... you just went off the reservation completely!

What the hell does extra terrestrial life have to do with atheism or theism?

And if you believe there's a chance that there are smarter civilizations, then there's a chance that they have the technology to create life (Just as humans can) thus bringing the possibility of a creator into existence.

again, what does that have to do with atheism or theism?

There should be no atheists left on the forum after reading that, unless they simply cannot comprehend the scale of the universe.

And it is difficult, so to be fair I would forgive anybody as stupid as an atheist for not understanding.

Everybody is agnostic whether they like it or not, because none of us know. That's the only certainty.

You talk about ignorance but at the same time display ignorance. Well done, you are truly a multitasker!

You misunderstand the meanings of the words "atheist" and "agnostic". I'd look them up before you post anything else.

yes i do. because behind this world,space,sky,trees,oceans,people and more more..

there is who made them,not only made, also keeping them performing for humans.

So it is the only one him.

...and how do you know this?

Some people will say why we cant see him. I say ok i use my brain to do my things,decide,think,learn,feel etc... but i dont see my brain so!!

Also when i follow him i become so happy and have easy life. if i have bad things that is mean he wants to hear my prays.

Are you serious?

After 94 pages I still believe in God.

Has anyone tried to convince you otherwise? (other than some people just saying there is no God?)

Nobody ever changes their viewpoint on these threads.

I did. It wasn't until I took part in them that I realised I was an atheist, prior to that I ignorantly thought an atheist was someone who believed there was no God.