Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

Which posts? There are lots of people who believe there could be a God and don't dismiss the idea.

I am not going to start quoting or analysing posts but the general opinion I get is that very few people including yourself dismiss the idea of there being a God.

Therefore to put it another way many believe there could be a God.

I am not going to start quoting or analysing posts but the general opinion I get is that very few people including yourself dismiss the idea of there being a God.

I believe there could be a winning lottery ticket with my name on it:love::love::love:

I believe there could be a winning lottery ticket with my name on it:love::love::love:

After all these years of not winning I do not believe that one has my name on it.

Remember that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man(or in your case woman) to pass through through the gates of heaven.

I've never dismissed the idea that there could be a God.

After all these years of not winning I do not believe that one has my name on it.

Remember that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man(or in your case woman) to pass through through the gates of heaven.

Well that's OK because there's no heaven and I'll take the money - thanks:love::love::love:

I don't,

I don't have any opinions on religion really. Some people need something to believe in. I don't :) I have my friends and family and I worry enough about disappointing them never mind disappointing a guy who's in charge of how I spend my eternity after I die.

That's what I said.

Sorry if I did not make myself clear.

No you didn't say that, but it sounds like you MEANT to say that, so okay.

EDIT: Actually you DID say that, I was wrong.

Many atheists DON'T dismiss the idea of God(s) existing, they just don't currently believe that he/they do exist. Most probably never will unless they are given reason to believe.

There are also atheists who believe there is NO God, but this is more than just atheism, it is mild anti-theism. Outside of discussions about God(s) though, there is little need to point out the difference between the two, as they both lack belief in God(s).

For this reason, both are generally referred to as atheists.

Edited by RootsBooster

If you say "There is no God", then you're simply ignorant to the size of the universe and our place within it.

A believers opinion is much more credible because the size of the universe is vast, and only a fool would believe out of 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the observable universe that ours hosts the smartest civilization.

And if you believe there's a chance that there are smarter civilizations, then there's a chance that they have the technology to create life (Just as humans can) thus bringing the possibility of a creator into existence.

There should be no atheists left on the forum after reading that, unless they simply cannot comprehend the scale of the universe.

And it is difficult, so to be fair I would forgive anybody as stupid as an atheist for not understanding.

Everybody is agnostic whether they like it or not, because none of us know. That's the only certainty.

Rubbish. What you are describing is some sort of power. God is presented by all religions as a man like entity that sits above the cloud and watches everyone. This sky daddy is apparently kind and benevolent and answers prayers. He also rewards the good an punishes the bad. According to Christians he had a son who was born from a virgin and who walked on water, fed 100 people with one fish and brought people back from the dead etc. This is the sort of fairy tale that atheists do not believe. Believers also only consider THIS planet as having anything to do with their supposed god.