Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

I can, faith in one book is a religious faith and is fundamentally unprovable and the faith in the other book is a faith in things that can be proven time and again on demand.

These two faiths are not the same thing and cannot be equated.

However I don't need to explain this to you, as you've already admitted you know the difference between them, but you are disingenuously persisting in your attempts to equate the two regardless of this admission.

Faith is faith, faith is to trust something is true without proof, until one sees the proof; they are accepting what they read or are told on faith.

Just because you think that one can be proven and one can’t be proven, doesn’t alter the fact that they both require faith until the proof is seen.

Which makes my earlier assessment the correct one, this is your entertainment this is not a debate for you and your opinions on the subject are not worth the effort of reading.

You are entitled to your opinion.

Janie, try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcavPAFiG14&feature=plcp

If it doesn't work, visit youtube and search for potholer54. Search his channel for '10 - The Scientific Method Made Easy'.

Qualiasoup, TheraminTrees & Evid3nc3 all make great videos too. They are worth watching whether you are a believer or not.

Excellent selection of videos there Ryedo.:thumbsup: I'll have a closer look when I have more time.

Thanks for the straight answer, Harvey. That's quite refreshing.

Surely, though, if you don't know everything then you don't actually know for certain that God can't be defined. You seemed so confident in your claim, though.

Did you actually mean "I do not know what God is"?

Yes, you are right I used the incorrect wording.

The virgin Mary invented god as a means of explaining her pregnancy to Joseph. He went for it and the rest is history.

I'm sure that God was in the Bible long before the virgin Mary came along,