374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

He brought his people Israel back into the land of there fathers as promised

Or maybe it's chance ,it could be a self fulfilling prophecies

So if you are not sure that a god literally brought his people back to the land of their fathers, why post it as an example of something god has actually done?

And what do you think is more probable: a god literally bringing his people back to the land of their fathers, or the claim that a god promising them land, helped inspire them, and others, to achieve that goal. I think the latter is more probable than the former.

Edited by Ryedo40

It's a theory, yes.

A coherent statement or set of ideas that explains observed facts or phenomena, or which sets out the laws and principles of something known or observed; a hypothesis confirmed by observation, experiment

Evolution is backed-up by scientific proof, and is taken as truth.

Scientific theories are proved and disproved over time.

Not that old canard. Again. This is only ever wrote by people who have absolutely no conception of what a scientific theory actually is. Do you think that gravity is just a theory? Can I float off into space by simply not believing in it? I think you know the answer to that one.

To prevent more foolishness and to educate you and anyone else who thinks 'it's just a theory' is a valid argument against anything I suggest you read this... it will only take two minutes of your life and you just might learn something.

http://www.notjustatheory.com/

jb

Evolution is not a proven fact.

How did DNA evolve do you think ?

Evolution is not a proven fact.

It's proven enough to accept it as a theory, and thus a scientific truth. If you've got another hypothesis to account for the development of life then put it forward now and we'll consider it.

Edited by Chris_Sleeps

1 - This isn't faith or belief, I look around I see random chance, I don't see directed actions by some supernatural entity.

2 - Yes, enough random fingers hitting enough random keys given enough time could produce a shakespeare sonnet, you might have to wait a while though, possibly longer than your lifetime.

3 - Random chance is physics and no it doesn't lead to god it leads to an explanation of the universe.

No one can explain with certainty how it all began so it is quite possible it was a God in some form.

Don't you agree ?

It's proven enough to accept it as a theory, and thus a scientific truth. If you've got another theory to account for the development of life then put it forward now and we'll consider it.

That's the difference between science and religion..science changes (evolves ? :) ) as new evidence is discovered to either prove or disprove a theory..religion never alters..

It's proven enough to accept it as a theory, and thus a scientific truth. If you've got another hypothesis to account for the development of life then put it forward now and we'll consider it.

I have discussed the matter with a scientist who thoroughly rejects the evolution theory.

Why can't you accept there may be other ways to explain where we came from instead of evolution ?