Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

Except any evidence that is.

Except for that, nobody has come up with any holes in my hypothesis that the big bang was farted out of the giant purple slug either.

Blasphemer! The Red Cube will smite you down!

This is all well and good you keep talking about critical thinking but what percentage of the populations knows what it is, how to apply it, and actually applies to to everything they know.

My bold answers your bold.

That sounds about right and it’s how I remember being taught, Knowledge is handed down from generation to generation, usually by parents, books and the education system, I will stick my neck out on a limb here and say, that most children accept that their parents and schools teach them facts based on their innate critical thinking skills developed through play and honed by social interaction with their peers and the wider world.

In other words you don't think about it in most situations as it's a part of our natural state of being although it can be honed and improved by further education.

My bold answers your bold.

In other words you don't think about it in most situations as it's a part of our natural state of being although it can be honed and improved by further education.

So all these innate critical thinking skills you think all people have will help to decide the truth of a statement.

On that basis when someone takes a multi choice test they would always get every answer correct.

There would be no need for a jury in court, because the judge would know when someone is lying.

Maybe you should use your critical thinking skills to consider whether everyone would even know what you’re talking about, let alone understand it.

yes i do believe......see the voting is now 70 yippi......have a nice day ..and god bless you all...x

There's a common trend happening amongst the theist replies, very few (if any) are answering this part of the OP's question...

Do you believe in God?

If not, why not. If you do, why do you?

So all these innate critical thinking skills you think all people have will help to decide the truth of a statement.

On that basis when someone takes a multi choice test they would always get every answer correct.

There would be no need for a jury in court, because the judge would know when someone is lying.

No, because once again you're making a strawman of my position so let me once again rewrite your premise (highlighted section) so that it represents my position accurately.

So all these innate critical thinking skills you think all people have will help to decide the likelihood of the truth of a statement.

Hope that makes it clearer for you.