Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

It’s not really your place the change the definition of a word, faith means to trust and all you do is keep spouting about is critical thinking but you have yet to demonstrate and explain how it helps you to decide on whether a statement is true or not.

I'm not changing the definition of the word, I'm simply saying that it's not applicable in the context we're talking about which is having trust in something because of your innate critical thinking skills rather than having a trust in something for no reason at all, or in other words, faith.

That’s my point you don't look at data you just critically think and get everything wrong.

I've yet to see any data, just more baseless assertions.

Well that sounds much like the system we have now.

In a handful of countries it might seem like that, but not really.

We have Faith Schools and bishops in our government. Nadine Dorries is actively trying to restrict the rights of others, using her political influence, because of her religious views.

Even in the country with a secular constitution religion has acquired so much money and influence in the last century that they established the worship of God mandated in their money and pledge of allegiance.

The difference between Biblical History,and those more recent events is that there are living witnesses to tell us about those occurrence's and still people are in denial.

I wasn't in denial Janie, merely wondering if you had first hand experience of these events bit like bible and atheists in this country don't go round killing people because of religion but as in case of Ireland many Chistians have been killed by Christians:D:love:

I wasn't in denial Janie, merely wondering if you had first hand experience of these events bit like bible and atheists in this country don't go round killing people because of religion but as in case of Ireland many Chistians have been killed by Christians:D:love:

I would queston whether Ireland's troubles had anything to do with religious belief in the last century.

In a handful of countries it might seem like that, but not really.

We have Faith Schools and bishops in our government. Nadine Dorries is actively trying to restrict the rights of others, using her political influence, because of her religious views.

Even in the country with a secular constitution religion has acquired so much money and influence in the last century that they established the worship of God mandated in their money and pledge of allegiance.

People like Nadine Dorries have very little influence.

People like Nadine Dorries have very little influence.

Cameron 'prepared to back down on support for gay marriage law to appease MPs over Tories' pasting at the polls'

Whilst the majority of the population supports gay marriage, I am willing to bet that the majority of Tory MPs are against it and have a history of voting in accordance with clerics.

Nadine Dorries represents a group of MPs that have an anti-gay and anti-choice agenda ahead of anything else, and they are using falling popularity in their party as an excuse to sneak in their religious agenda.

Unfortunately, people like Nadine Dorries hold a disproportionate amount of influence.

I'm not changing the definition of the word, I'm simply saying that it's not applicable in the context we're talking about which is having trust in something because of your innate critical thinking skills rather than having a trust in something for no reason at all, or in other words, faith.

Only 38% have any faith in our police

Our leaders have lost faith in the powers of their people

We Need to Have Faith in Our Youth, Not Call Them "Feral"

Please have faith in the NHS as they are fantastic

Fewer than half of NHS workers have faith in their own hospital

I have faith in the NHS

Have you lost faith in the NHS?

Parents 'have faith in exam system'

How many parents have absolute faith that the teachers protect your children?

But nothing will change until parents have faith that educators are professionals.

Teachers in this school have faith in the integrity of their colleagues.

We ask that teachers have faith in our service

Create a wall chart to illustrate the people we put faith in every day, such as doctors, firefighters, teachers and parents.

I have faith that the scientific method is the best way to get closer to the Truth.

I don’t put much faith in our MPs judgement

I have absolute faith in our government,” said Air Force Staff Sgt.

Have you noticed the pattern, faith is to trust something or someone, and I had faith that the school would teach my kids and my kids had faith that what they were being taught was correct. I didn't critically analyse anything I just trusted the school to do good job, I had faith in them.

I've yet to see any data, just more baseless assertions.

Exactly you don't look at data you just rely on your own unique ability to critically think an answer that suits you.

Cameron 'prepared to back down on support for gay marriage law to appease MPs over Tories' pasting at the polls'

Whilst the majority of the population supports gay marriage, I am willing to bet that the majority of Tory MPs are against it and have a history of voting in accordance with clerics.

Nadine Dorries represents a group of MPs that have an anti-gay and anti-choice agenda ahead of anything else, and they are using falling popularity in their party as an excuse to sneak in their religious agenda.

Unfortunately, people like Nadine Dorries hold a disproportionate amount of influence.

Actually you have just reminded me,i read somewhere yesterday where Cameron's support from his own party members is dwindling because of his pro -gay rights stance.The more right wing element of the party and voting public are blaming the local election failure on what they perceive to be his more liberal position, so you make a good point.

Edited by janie48