Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

I do try to have an open mind and if it is conclusively proved that there is no God and we are the product of evolution I will accept it but at this time there are only theories and I choose the pro God one.

This is also a theory:

"The Biggest Secret that human beings originated in a breeding program run by a race of reptilians called Anunnaki from the Draco constellation, and that what we call reality is just a holographic experience; the only reality is the realm of the Absolute"

About as valid as your God.

This is also a theory:

"The Biggest Secret that human beings originated in a breeding program run by a race of reptilians called Anunnaki from the Draco constellation, and that what we call reality is just a holographic experience; the only reality is the realm of the Absolute"

About as valid as your God.

What you believe is of no consequence to me but I do not try to ridicule you or your lack of belief.

Usual mocking, Well thats no surprise.

I'm surprised at the poll result.I had expected the belief result to be much lower. On the religious threads i've been on before its usually been a minority of two my side. Now i've said that i expect more atheists will vote!

I attended a religious service at the local Methodist church at Easter,the largest majority of the congregration were women,what does that say?

Don't any of you ever question your purpose in life,and why your here? and why you exist

There's got to be a reason surely.Perhaps we are on a journey,none of can be certain,but when you have lost loved ones you think about these things.

If there is an afterlife, and i really believe there is,and i manage to get through the " pearly gates" I don't want it to be just full of happy clappy hymn singing,chanting Christians that would be boring.I want it to be filled with people of all creeds and races, even atheists, and they will probably be more of them then anyone.

Atheism is a Non Prophet Organisation...:hihi:

But I do ridicule your delusions.

No one knows for certain how we got here.

How can you be so sure that you are right ?

If the evolution theory was proved to be flawed what would be your conclusion then ?

Edited by harvey19

1 - This isn't faith or belief, I look around I see random chance, I don't see directed actions by some supernatural entity.

2 - Yes, enough random fingers hitting enough random keys given enough time could produce a shakespeare sonnet, you might have to wait a while though, possibly longer than your lifetime.

3 - Random chance is physics and no it doesn't lead to god it leads to an explanation of the universe.

I came across a mathmetician who tried to calculate the monkeys typing shakespeare thing.

He assumed that what they were typing would be completely random and he even let them get away with no punctuation, but alas, it turned out you would apparently need more monkeys than there are atoms in the universe. :(