Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

Unfortunately that source is usually the church so youll have to forgive me if i dont lose any sleep over it.

You will (...lose sleep...) if they don't stop ringing them ****** bells! ******* Sunday morning!:rant:

Awwww. And you were doing so well up till then.

I haven't made fun of anything but i do like the way youve tried to put the blame on me for your attitude. You had that long before i joined the thread so thats not really going to fly now is it?

For the record, you believe in god if you want.

Ill believe in me ;)

However the belief systems that faith demands are so ridiculous that I find it very difficult not to 'make fun' of them. Plus, if people weren't able to criticise faith (and anything else for that matter) freely and openly, Western society would still be where Islam is now.

However the belief systems that faith demands are so ridiculous that I find it very difficult not to 'make fun' of them. Plus, if people weren't able to criticise faith (and anything else for that matter) freely and openly, Western society would still be where Islam is now.

I prayed! for your phone problem. Hope it got sorted out.;)

Exactly! If somebody tells you that wearing special underwear will protect you from evil, and that when you die you get your own planet to reign over, you're bound to take the almighty p***.

It's only because we (mostly) have grown up hearing about virgin births and talking snakes that they seem 'acceptable', even if we don't believe them.

(Sort of...) familiarity breeds apathy.:hihi:

I prayed! for your phone problem. Hope it got sorted out.;)

Make your mind up. Unless you believe Jesus about 'whatever you ask for in my name, so shall you receive', you surely wouldn't have bothered praying (asking God to suspend/alter his divine plan).

Seeing as how you prayed, you know the phone problem is now fixed, so hope is surplus to requirements.

Or do you have less faith in Jesus than you thought you did?

Make your mind up. Unless you believe Jesus about 'whatever you ask for in my name, so shall you receive', you surely wouldn't have bothered praying (asking God to suspend/alter his divine plan).

Seeing as how you prayed, you know the phone problem is now fixed, so hope is surplus to requirements.

Or do you have less faith in Jesus than you thought you did?

I see we are in mocking mode this morning.:(

My faith has wobbled a bit on occasions if i'm honest,but on the whole its as firm as a rock,in spite of these threads.

Anyway i'm off now,i don't want to be late for church.

I never knew a town like Sheffield for sticking out your chest and avowing loudly and for all the world to hear, that you don't believe in God.

That's funny, I've never seen any atheists in the town centre holding up signs and shouting about how god doesn't exist.

I did however see a Christian doing the opposite not two days ago.

It's almost as if you were completely wrong, what a shock! :o

I see we are in mocking mode this morning.:(

I'm not mocking. I'm pointing out an anomaly. One of many in the bible.

From John's gospel...

15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. :)

16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

Was Jesus lying when he said those things? Otherwise, your prayer worked, so you didn't need to hope that it was fixed, you knew it was. QED.

My faith has wobbled a bit on occasions if i'm honest,but on the whole its as firm as a rock,in spite of these threads.

Anyway i'm off now,i don't want to be late for church.

Don't rush. The vicar won't start until you get there - unless he likes talking to himself (and the organist[?]), of course.

Edited by redwhine