Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

As said before, WHICH GOD ???

There's that many different ones knocking about these day's...

The one and only one.

Perhaps the same one, as the one referred to in my favourite hymn, My sweet Lord,written by someone called George. :)

Are you talking about Vishnu ?

I don't think he was really certain who he was talking about at the time (George Harrison that is) he was going on frequent trips at the time he wrote the song and he was also quite young at that time and doing a lot of searching.

The words of the song were quite meaningful to me at one stage,i suppose its a touch of nostalgia that makes me still like to hear it.

Edited by janie48
Added more.

The one and only one.

Perhaps the same one, as the one referred to in my favourite hymn, My sweet Lord,written by someone called George. :)

Sorry, but that song doesn't mention god at all. I wasn't certain, so I checked the lyrics. Not one single reference to any god whatsoever.

The only "sweet" lord I can think of that fits the bill would be Sir Henry Tate, 1st Baronet. An English sugar merchant and philanthropist, noted for establishing the Tate Gallery, London. In 1872, he built a new refinery in Liverpool, which could be the connection to the George to whom you refer. (Liverpool, that is; not the sugar refinery.)

Edited by redwhine

The words of the song were quite meaningful to me at one stage,i suppose its a touch of nostalgia that makes me still like to hear it.

You do realise that G.H. received a hefty fine for plagiarism for that song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfxx3scAKS8

From Wiki...

In 1978, before the court decided on damages in the case, Harrison's former manager Allen Klein, who had represented him earlier in the proceedings, purchased the copyright to "He's So Fine" from Bright Tunes. On 19 February 1981, the court decided the damages amounted to $1,599,987, but that due to Klein's duplicity in the case, Harrison would only have to pay Klein $587,000 for the rights to "He's So Fine" − the amount Klein had paid Bright Tunes for the song.
Edited by redwhine

RootsBooster, do you believe in a God?

Chorba, why do you capitalise god when you talk about "a" god rather than a specific god ("the" God)?

Slip of the CAPS SHIFT, or subconsciously revealing your 'agenda'? ;)

Edited by redwhine

I don't believe in god. I don't need a god to give me comfort, I've lived my life, had my fun, loved, had my heart broken, and now it's about waiting to die. Going to sleep forev er is not scarey. I welcome it because life has been hard and I need a rest!