Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

Untill someone tells me something good God has done personally I wont believe in him let alone follow him.

So you don't actually require any evidence/proof? You just need somebody to make a claim about something good He's done, to believe in Him?

Some people will tell you that God created EVERYTHING, is that not good?

There, now you believe. I can't wait to question your faith.

If you believe in God then you believe in leprechauns, fairies, trolls under bridges, griffons, dragons, David Iike's theory on human manipulation by lizards, etc etc etc.

Can you back this claim up with some proof? How do you know what people do or don't believe, are you psychic?

Each to their own then.

No comment about the bible passages,i get the message.Here's a quote from me though.

"If music be the food of love play on" William Shakespeare.

Hows that for a compromise.:)

I think the bible passages are an important point, more often than not, the theists I've encountered practice less "Do unto others as you would have them do to you" than the atheists.

Lately though, some atheists come a close second.

If you believe like I do, believe and ignore those who get so angry about something they are trying so hard to disprove.

It clearly bothers them and that's what confuses me!

Believe what you want, but who's;

a) Angry

b) Trying to disprove anything

c) Bothered

d) Confused oh, that's you

He was indeed. I'm not having a go at Hindu's, just pointing out the flaws in assuming that respect and even similarities between faith's are the same as them teaching the same thing.

I work with many people of faith, and breakdown in communication often comes when people try to find connections that aren't there. It is especially sad when there are so many connections that are there. Mr Gandhi was a perfect example of this, he was Hindu through and through and didn't pretend that Islam and Christianity were part of Hinduism, he recognised them as seperate, but he also respected, and understood them and their beliefs enough to build real friendships.

If you haven't done I highly recommend you read his autobiography 'My Experiments with Truth' (I think that's the title, if not it is very similar to that). I can't link as I'm at work but I'm sure it is still available :)

No i havn't read it,I have just read the odd brief article about him.

I've seen the Richard Attenborough film Gandhi which i thought was very good.

I have a pile of books waiting to be read at present,but i have added that one to my list of books to get.

I think the bible passages are an important point, more often than not, the theists I've encountered practice less "Do unto others as you would have them do to you" than the atheists.

Lately though, some atheists come a close second.

Yes its a pity there isn't any hope of converting you Roots, we could do with a few nice atheists like you to join us and set a good example. ;)

If you keep reading about Moses in the old testament...fat chance! :hihi:

Oh, the story of Moses/10 commandments and his mass slaughter is just a great example of the contradictions of the bible. It's got nothing to do with whether or not God exists.

Like most rational thinkers, if conclusive proof is given, I will believe.

Even better than that, if even a reason to believe is presented, I will consider it.