Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

Meeting Dave Allan and listening to a few good jokes.

As much as I like Dave Allen, I've seen every sketch numerous times and if I had to spend an eternity with him, I'm sure his humour would begin to annoy me eventually.

Really though, it's a serious question. You've mentioned the afterlife so surely you've considered it, how would you like to spend eternity?

I understand wantin to believe in something which you find comfort in. However i dont understand why you would believe in god? Look at all the people going through really awful times in their lives! Look at the suffering in the world! So you think god is something so powerful it can listen to your prayers and give random miracles but yet he isnt powerful enough to stop individual suffering of others? Really? Personally i think if there is a god he is an ass! I think those who believe in him need their heads testing! But each to their own and if your belief helps you then go for it!

Really though, it's a serious question. You've mentioned the afterlife so surely you've considered it, how would you like to spend eternity?

I know you are not expecting an illuminating answer,thats why you have asked the question isn't it?

Believe it or not though i have mentioned the afterlife i can't really recall a time when i have thought about it in any depth,because it would be trying to imagine the unimaginable,and i'm not big on visualisation perhaps thats why i don't acchieve the best results in meditation.

For me it would be just enough being in the presence of my loved ones,anything more would be a bonus.

Yes well until someone provides me with any evidence that the God i believe in does not exist i will continue to believe.

How can anybody prove a mythical being exists, by their very nature they are er... a mythical being. When somebody dies, takes a camera and gets photos of God and then comes back with them I'll believe it and it's no good cheating and going to Jessops:hihi::hihi:

why wouldn't he? i'm not that bad.

I never said you were, and I wasn't being sarcastic.

If your idea of heaven is spending it in the company of Dave Allan, then it follows that either:

A. Dave Allan is in heaven, and his idea of heaven is spending it with you.

B. Dave Allan is in hell, and he is being punished by spending it with you.

C. A pluralism of ways to spend time in heaven, in that you can spend time with Dave Allan, and Dave Allan can also spend time in his own heaven - which is not eternal bliss.

I know you are not expecting an illuminating answer,thats why you have asked the question isn't it?

Believe it or not though i have mentioned the afterlife i can't really recall a time when i have thought about it in any depth,because it would be trying to imagine the unimaginable,and i'm not big on visualisation perhaps thats why i don't acchieve the best results in meditation.

For me it would be just enough being in the presence of my loved ones,anything more would be a bonus.

That would be alright for a while but I imagine would become quite tedious after the first million years or so. After 2 million you will all no doubt be either insane or praying for oblivion.

jb

In the bible its says somewhere that one day is the same as a thousand years in Heaven. I suppose that means time is not as we know it on earth.

Maybe we are given a choice as to whether we wish to be reincarnated? anyway i'll wait and see about that when i get there.

Not that i assume i'm going to go there.Peter may decide to refuse me entrance through the pearly gates.:help:

In the bible its says somewhere that one day is the same as a thousand years in Heaven. I suppose that means time is not as we know it on earth.

Maybe we are given a choice as to whether we wish to be reincarnated? anyway i'll wait and see about that when i get there.

Not that i assume i'm going to go there.Peter may decide to refuse me entrance through the pearly gates.:help:

And someone would know that would they, the equivalence of days in Heaven? Are you getting worried now? Eternity is a very long time indeed. The Sun will die and be reborn many times and you will still have eternity left to talk to your friends and family.

What if loved ones aren't in Heaven? You will have to assume they are burning in Hellfire for eternity because your God loves them too.