Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

Ever felt the need for a stiff drink after viewing some of the posts on here,and ever wished some things would have been better left unsaid... I have!!

It all boils down to probabilities and beliefs.

Keep the faith if that is what you believe and let non believers suit themselves.

It all boils down to probabilities and beliefs.

Well, it's highly improbable that there's any gods and people believe what they want

Keep the faith if that is what you believe and let non believers suit themselves.

Yes, do.

But also don't be afraid to think about it critically from time to time.

Most people in the church notice me because i also try to make sure i am better dressed then any one else in the congregation.

That so reminds me of George Carlin.:)

Take a look at this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o

(If you don't want to watch it all, just watch it from about 4 mins. 50 secs.)

:hihi:

And immediately, I thought of the sun. Happened like that. Overnight I became a sun-worshipper.....

Sun worship is fairly simple. There's no mystery, no miracles, no pageantry, no one asks for money, there are no songs to learn, and we don't have a special building where we all gather once a week to compare clothing.

Ever felt the need for a stiff drink after viewing some of the posts on here,and ever wished some things would have been better left unsaid... I have!!

Don't regret what you've said, have a think about it, if it's true, think about what it may mean and think some more about it. There's no shame in facing up to things. It's quite admirable actually.

On a lighter note,

Janie.

It's the trailer for a film I saw years ago, about a man who dies (Robin Williams) and his exploration of his own version of heaven, which is a world made from his wife's watercolour paintings.

He later finds out his wife is in purgatory after she commits suicide, not being able to cope without him.

The visual presentation of heaven and his journey to find his wife were and are still very unique and refreshing (in my opinion).

I recently found it for £1.99 in the DVD shop at Crystal Peaks and intend to watch it again soon, I think you'd like it Janie.

Edited by RootsBooster
Changed link for a better quality video

ive always believed that the bible is just a story book, read by people for years with the help of human priests to preach its contents. If thats the case, in 1000 years, will the priest wear a pointed hat, silver gown and call himself Dumbledore, and all the regional vicars will be dressed in black with a "Z" shaped scar on their heads?

After all, J.K writes just as well.

Don't regret what you've said, have a think about it, if it's true, think about what it may mean and think some more about it. There's no shame in facing up to things. It's quite admirable actually.

On a lighter note,

Janie.

It's the trailer for a film I saw years ago, about a man who dies (Robin Williams) and his exploration of his own version of heaven, which is a world made from his wife's watercolour paintings.

He later finds out his wife is in purgatory after she commits suicide, not being able to cope without him.

The visual presentation of heaven and his journey to find his wife were and are still very unique and refreshing (in my opinion).

I recently found it for £1.99 in the DVD shop at Crystal Peaks and intend to watch it again soon, I think you'd like it Janie.

Thankyou Roots it won't play just now but i am saving it.:)

Despite being a little prickly at times i'm glad i've been part of this thread.The fact that its lasted so long and doesn't appear to have required any intervention from the mods shows that on the whole it hasn't caused any offence,if it had i expect it would have been removed or closed by now.

Like i said before somewhere, i think? :confused: (with all these pages its not easy to remember) i've learned from it and gained some insight.Perhaps even been taught a lesson in self discipline,after all early in the thread i was told i was conceited,and more recently that i had an attitude problem,but all things considered managed with some degree to keep my decorum :hihi:

I think the OP will have been proud of us all at honouring his request,where is he? i wonder :huh: probably being entertained backstage.

And i've had some fun too,so thanks.:)

ive always believed that the bible is just a story book, read by people for years with the help of human priests to preach its contents. If thats the case, in 1000 years, will the priest wear a pointed hat, silver gown and call himself Dumbledore, and all the regional vicars will be dressed in black with a "Z" shaped scar on their heads?

After all, J.K writes just as well.

Time you retrieved that old joke thread of yours from a few months back,or did Mrs Superdream forbid you to.

I was meaning if anyone had changed their mind after reading opposing arguments.

I haven't, have you ?

There's been very little argument put forward, it has mostly been people asking questions of others. Apart from the usual odd outbursts of "There is no God! How can he let millions of people suffer...etc" from a minority of atheists and some weak arguments early on from theists.

EDIT: Anyone know what's happened to Tony? He's been absent for weeks and his location reads "gone"