1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

No one really knows do they ?

Nope!

Maybe he does, or maybe he doesnt.

But most likely, due to the complete lack of any evidence and all the many conflicting and contradictory beliefs/holy texts/anecdotes, amongst all thye many religions, He/She/They (most likely) don't.

No idea but I've never been given evidence by those that believe he does that has stood up to scrutiny.

Each to their own though, I've no objection to those who do believe.

Same here.

---------- Post added 31-03-2013 at 13:30 ----------

By the way, happy zombie day everyone!

(Matthew 27:52)

:huh: Just been on my mind recently. What do people think?

"Does God exist?

50 reasons why God does or does not exist?

Does God Exist and if so where is the proof

The interminable God does/doesn't exist megathread

Does God exist?"

Enough in the above threads to keep you busy a lifetime..and they won't be any different to what you'll get in this thread either...it'll just be another, and a 6th choice next time someone starts a thread with "Does God Exist"...which it seems you've repeated word for word.

Be prepared for:

Closing

You have been warned

Go to help Desk

As far as I'm concerned, the whole, does god exist debate all comes down to results. God is only as good as his last game. So I ask myself, what has God done for me lately, and the answer comes back loud and clear. So in conclusion, based on my years of being alive, God has done absolutely nothing for me. So can't exist. How lame.

No.

Not unless A,You are stupid, B, You are insecure or C, you are stupid and insecure.

hth.

Are you going to A, Define stupid B, Define insecure C, define stupid and insecure D, Define God or E, Tell us why very intelligent people believe in the existence of God?

If the question had been "Does an elephant exist?" then the first thing to do is to define what we mean by the word "elephant"

http://www.noogenesis.com/pineapple/blind_men_elephant.html

recounts the tale of six men who each formed a definition of the elephant

"Though each was partly in the right,

And all were in the wrong!

So oft in theologic wars,

The disputants, I ween,

Rail on in utter ignorance

Of what each other mean,

And prate about an Elephant

Not one of them has seen! "

So first, let's be sure what we mean by "God", and then we consider evidence of existence.

My personal view is that "He" does exist, as do Santa and the Easter Bunny, as creations of the minds of humans. We are here, not by "CREATION", but by the long result of the properties of matter which produced life and intelligence. When my physical body dies, my personality will no longer exist. Whether I gave to the poor, believed in the name of Jesus, or refrained from using condoms, will make no difference to my state then, as there is no "God" to reward or punish me.

[Are you going to A, Define stupid B, Define insecure C, define stupid and insecure D, Define God or E, Tell us why very intelligent people believe in the existence of God?

The world is full of insecure stupid intelligent people.

Edited by skinz

Does God exist? Maybe, maybe not. Hard to say. It's a matter of faith rather than reason really.
Disagree. Whilst there is no proof that she (ooh!) does or does not exist, reason has it that she does not! Who, after all, are you to state that this god, a contrivance of man, is itself, by implication, of a particular sex? Ridiculous!

I do not believe in god. However everybody is entitled to their own beliefs.

When my children were born ( they are both in their 30s now ) I didn't go with the norm of having them christened. I have always been of the opinion that they should be able to make up their own mind when old enough as to what religion they want to follow if any. I shouldn't force my views onto them which I haven't, I think it's a personal thing.