Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

What about the acts of cruelty though? Why doesn't god intervene and stop those?

There is no god by the way, just people daft enough to believe there is.

Believers can't explain why God doesn't always appear to intervene where there are acts of cruelty,nor why there is any suffering at all for that matter,or why some suffer more then others and why people die prematuraly and others are left behind having to suffer the loss.

But we do see that in humanity instances of acts of intervention are occurring all the time and those acts are so often unrecognised.

Regarding your final comments.We do appear to have one thing in common on the subject,that being what some would perceive to be an arrogance of certainty,only you in one direction me in the opposite.

As to "believers being daft" that may be the opinion of many,but I can live with it.

Believers can't explain why God doesn't always appear to intervene where there are acts of cruelty,nor why there is any suffering at all for that matter,or why some suffer more then others and why people die prematuraly and others are left behind having to suffer the loss.

But we do see that in humanity instances of acts of intervention are occurring all the time and those acts are so often unrecognised.

Regarding your final comments.We do appear to have one thing in common on the subject,that being what some would perceive to be an arrogance of certainty,only you in one direction me in the opposite.

As to "believers being daft" that may be the opinion of many,but I can live with it.[/QUOTe]

The Bible teaching on suffering, since we are still under sin anyone can suffer, unlike Jane48 I don't belive in a heaven. God's purposes is with this world (and soon to be revealed) that is what the Bible teaches only Matthew uses heaven and his words are Kingdom of heaven. Jesus will then have a thousand years before sin = death / suffering are finally destroyed

God gave us his son and his plan. Organized religion and governments have deceived the people. But the message is there for a few. That we have free will and are not chemical reactions proves the Bible message. Anyone could pick up a Bible today or choose not too!!!! Wonderful

Edited by esme
tags

The Bible teaching on suffering, since we are still under sin anyone can suffer, unlike Jane48 I don't belive in a heaven. God's purposes is with this world (and soon to be revealed) that is what the Bible teaches only Matthew uses heaven and his words are Kingdom of heaven. Jesus will then have a thousand years before sin = death / suffering are finally destroyed

God gave us his son and his plan. Organized religion and governments have deceived the people. But the message is there for a few. That we have free will and are not chemical reactions proves the Bible message. Anyone could pick up a Bible today or choose not too!!!! Wonderful

What makes your holy texts any more valid than other holy texts though? Why do you believe yours over others?

That we have free will and are not chemical reactions proves the Bible message

If we're talking proof, what makes you think we "are not chemical reactions" ?

As to "believers being daft" that may be the opinion of many,but I can live with it.[/QUOTe]

Just like you choose not to answer questions regarding the false scientific claims and dodgy predictions you claim are in the Bible made by your organisation.

Free will certainly is useful.

Edited by esme
tags

Just like you choose not to answer questions regarding the false scientific claims and dodgy predictions you claim are in the Bible made by your organisation.

Free will certainly is useful.

For Janie's sake, I corrected the quoting system which Borderline broke!...

As to "believers being daft" that may be the opinion of many,but I can live with it.