Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

Only needed one to get the message across. 

Considering that was 2,000+ years ago, despite some minor blips, it's lasted pretty well

The "narrative" in the one of the early Media Organs (The Bible) goes that some narcissistic "jealous" male ghost who desired, nay insisted, on being worshiped, created a human male in his own image.

With some unneeded parts from the guy, he created a woman to obey him and satisfy his earthly needs. But she was really a  tool for the other guy, some guy called Satan, another upstart ghost who was jealous and also wanted to be worshipped.

With me, so far?

Anyway this god, (the good one) promised non believers, they would be condemned to an eternal hell if they didn't comply. Believe, and you'll be saved, he said.

Sounds a lot like the "narratives" in today's versions of the popular Media . :)

Now I get it, that some needy people get comfort and meaning  in their miserable lives, from such patronizing stuff, 

The good news!

We all get to choose, what Media we believe!

Choose wisely!  :)

Edited by trastrick

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

Only needed one to get the message across. 

But he didn't do very well though did he. It seems to be the old "try and try again" scenario and despite being a supreme super intelligent being that some think created the universe and mankind, given the timeframe he had plenty of chances to get it right beforehand but failed each time. A supreme being sending his son to do his work when all he had to do was wave his hand and make it right does not make sense. The message never got across very well either otherwise Islam would not have been created later by the very same God.

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

Considering that was 2,000+ years ago, despite some minor blips, it's lasted pretty well.

That only shows the power of ignorance and poor education with the masses and how they were easily fooled. The masses were conned into a belief perpetrated by those better educated who believed they were superior and had a divine right to rule over the peasants, steal their land, tax them and send them off to war to protect their interests, all in Gods name. Notice that since people have become better educated and aware that no new religions have sprung up since.

35 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Notice that since people have become better educated and aware that no new religions have sprung up since.

Mormonism, Scientology, Communism. GAIA (aka Earth worshipers) all have their prophets, and slavish followers.

Marx, Smith, Hubbard, Greta, to name a few!  :)

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

Mormonism, Scientology, Communism. GAIA (aka Earth worshipers) all have their prophets, and slavish followers.

Marx, Smith, Hubbard, Greta, to name a few!  :)

Mormonism is still base on the Christian religion though and the others are not religions but cults which is a different thing. Since 610 AD God seems to have decided that 3 times is enough!

I don make a distinction between religions and cults.

But that’s just my opinion!

My philosophy is live and let live, to each his own as long as it’s legal where he lives, and treat others as you wish to be treated.

Whatever gets you thru the day!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, trastrick said:

I don make a distinction between religions and cults.

But that’s just my opinion!

But you should as a cult is a social movement and not a religious movement, two different things.

16 minutes ago, trastrick said:

My philosophy is live and let live, to each his own as long as it’s legal where he lives, and treat others as you wish to be treated.

Whatever gets you thru the day!

With that I very much agree.:thumbsup:

13 hours ago, Dromedary said:

But you should as a cult is a social movement and not a religious movement, two different things.

I should do no such thing! :)

They have far more in common, than differences. IMHO

But live and let live, remember?

But thanks anyway.

On 12/01/2023 at 17:04, Dromedary said:

Mormonism is still base on the Christian religion though and the others are not religions but cults which is a different thing. Since 610 AD God seems to have decided that 3 times is enough!

There has been and still is some religious cults ,mostly run by lunatics.