Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

What do you mean by nothing? I don't know anybody who's ever made a claim that something can come from nothing.

That’s usually the claim that believers in God make, they assume that nothing existed before something, and because there are only two possibilities and something exists it is likely that something as always existed.

What do you mean by nothing? I don't know anybody who's ever made a claim that something can come from nothing.

Exactly.

I believe in change, the concept that something can become something else.

The "how can something come from nothing?" question simply introduces more improbabilities.

We have something. (Agreed)

It cannot have come from nothing. (Is nothing even possible?)

Therefore God. (Eh? Where did he spring from?)

:hihi:

For all of you who don't believe in God...its OK...HE believes in YOU :)

Not according to Mark 3:29 in the Holy Bible, "Whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin." Jesus will forgive you for just about anything, but he won't forgive you for denying the existence of the Holy Spirit. Ever.

We are discovering new things as science progresses and discounting other things.

An open mind is needed to appreciate new discoveries will be made or old facts confirmed.

As I said earlier no one knows how evolution started the theories say how they think it progressed.

How do you think things started from nothing ?

You mean life? It didn't start from nothing.

You mean the universe? Maybe it did, I've yet to read my copy of The Grand Design.

jb

The "how can something come from nothing?" question simply introduces more improbabilities.

We have something. (Agreed)

It cannot have come from nothing. (Is nothing even possible?)

Therefore God. (Eh? Where did he spring from?)

:hihi:

We don't know. We're still waiting to find out where that first particle of matter sprung from, that started it all off?

We are discovering new things as science progresses and discounting other things.

An open mind is needed to appreciate new discoveries will be made or old facts confirmed.

As I said earlier no one knows how evolution started the theories say how they think it progressed.

How do you think things started from nothing ?

I am reading Hawking's, "Black Holes and Black Universes and other essays". It is fascinating. Our Universe is amazing on the macro and quantum scale.

What books have you read that have opened your mind to new possibilities?

Edited by Bloomdido