Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

There was a nothing answer to nothing from all three of them.,but there must be something.

Tracie Harris says in the video "what is demonstrable is that something can come from something, we don't have a nothing to see if something can come from it, so a claim that regards nothing is a useless claim".

She nails it.

Tracie Harris says in the video "what is demonstrable is that something can come from something, we don't have a nothing to see if something can come from it, so a claim that regards nothing is a useless claim".

She nails it.

But what does that tell us. It tells us nothing.

But what does that tell us. It tells us nothing.

What do you want it to tell us? :huh:

It's a valid response to the simplistic, possibly dishonest, claim that "something can't come from nothing" which is usually made just before concluding "therefore god".

This claim was made earlier in this thread, so it is useful to point out that "nothing" has never been observed, and might not be possible. To assert it is useless.

I think it is quite interesting actually.

What do you want it to tell us? :huh:

It's a valid response to the simplistic, possibly dishonest, claim that "something can't come from nothing" which is usually made just before concluding "therefore god".

This claim was made earlier in this thread, so it is useful to point out that "nothing" has never been observed, and might not be possible. To assert it is useless.

I think it is quite interesting actually.

Interesting perhaps, but it just doesn't prove there is or isn't a God, which is what i was looking for.

Edited by janie48
added comma

Great that you are enjoying your reading material.

I hope that you have an open mind and don't just use your chosen book to confirm your established views.

I have just finished reading Haunted Sheffield which has opened my mind to new possibilities.

Oh dear. My views are established by evidence and a bit of scientific theory. Dare I ask what these new possibilities are?

If there is a god, how likely is he to be the god that believers carry around with them like a best friend? The one who looks out for you and thinks like you do about so many important issues.

How come no-one seems to believe in God but chooses to dislike or detest him for the sanctioned genocide that he condones 'century on century' and his general apathy regarding putting the record straight. He lets factions within faiths slaughter each other, never mind different faiths. How can anyone consider this beast worthy of worship, creator or not?

If there is a god, how likely is he to be the god that believers carry around with them like a best friend? The one who looks out for you and thinks like you do about so many important issues.

How come no-one seems to believe in God but chooses to dislike or detest him for the sanctioned genocide that he condones 'century on century' and his general apathy regarding putting the record straight. He lets factions within faiths slaughter each other, never mind different faiths. How can anyone consider this beast worthy of worship, creator or not?

Have you ever heard of the power of evil.

Have you ever heard of the power of evil.

God is supposed to be omnipotent yet he lets the devil exist. Bizzarely, the devil runs hell so that all the sinners can be burned for eternity at God's behest.

Why would the devil choose to carry out god's will? Imagine if he sent back the sinners to god insisting that he dealt wth them personally.

None of it makes any sense yet you continue to believe it.