Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

God is supposed to be omnipotent yet he lets the devil exist. Bizzarely, the devil runs hell so that all the sinners can be burned for eternity at God's behest.

Why would the devil choose to carry out god's will? Imagine if he sent back the sinners to god insisting that he dealt wth them personally.

None of it makes any sense yet you continue to believe it.

I don't understand all that stuff about the devil, and hardly ever think about it,but when i hear about wicked things going on in the world like the Breivic crimes.I think there must be an evil force of some kind in his world,and Christianity teaches that there is.

Not all of it makes sense i admit that,but yes i still choose to believe in God.for many reasons. Reasons i have stated on other posts.I also believe that the force of good is stronger then the force of evil. Good is everywhere.

I don't understand all that stuff about the devil, and hardly ever think about it,but when i hear about wicked things going on in the world like the Breivic crimes.I think there must be an evil force of some kind in his world,and Christianity teaches that there is.

Not all of it makes sense i admit that,but yes i still choose to believe in God.for many reasons. Reasons i have stated on other posts.I also believe that the force of good is stronger then the force of evil. Good is everywhere.

Is the war in Afghanistan good? Is the war on drugs good? What about homosexuals who give in to temptation. Are they evil? Brevik thinks he is 'Good'. The OT god killed men, women and children wholesale, allowed women to be raped and endorsed slavery. By what systems do you define 'Good' and 'Evil'?

Is the war in Afghanistan good? Is the war on drugs good? What about homosexuals who give in to temptation. Are they evil? Brevik thinks he is 'Good'. The OT god killed men, women and children wholesale, allowed women to be raped and endorsed slavery. By what systems do you define 'Good' and 'Evil'?

Good is love, Evil is hate...thats my definition.

In most of these threads the anti God posters are positive in their assertions of the evolution process but can not prove it or explain how it started only speculate.

But they will dismiss the possibility of a God (in whatever form) with certainty.

As I have said throughout this thread no one knows the answers and it is only by keeping an open mind to all possibilities that we can choose which theory we prefer to choose at this time but be prepared to accept an alternative if positive proof emerges in the future.

It's not just unsupported speculating though, is it, which is the only thing that "pro-God" posters can do. Rational thinking people speculate based upon the strongest evidence and observations available. The "pro-God's" do not, they have nothing solid to base it on.

Good is love, Evil is hate...thats my definition.

Janie, you've just destroyed my world view. I thought love was an emotion caused by addictive chemicals called Phenylethylamine, oxytoxin, dopamine & norepinephrine.

Now I don't know whether I good you or evil you.... hmmm...that just doesn't sound right. :roll:

But where does Christianity get its facts from? I don't believe for one second that there is an evil force, there's no reason to believe so.

What do you want it to tell us? :huh:

It's a valid response to the simplistic, possibly dishonest, claim that "something can't come from nothing" which is usually made just before concluding "therefore god".

This claim was made earlier in this thread, so it is useful to point out that "nothing" has never been observed, and might not be possible. To assert it is useless.

I think it is quite interesting actually.

Then again, though 'nothing' might not be possible, equally, it might be possible.

Maybe nothing once was the case and maybe our 'something' did come from it?

The fact that nothing has never been observed in no way means it never existed.

Janie, you've just destroyed my world view. I thought love was an emotion caused by addictive chemicals called Phenylethylamine, oxytoxin, dopamine & norepinephrine.

Now I don't know whether I good you or evil you.... hmmm...that just doesn't sound right. :roll:

What silliness, I was referring to love of a different nature.Love has other definitions, and you know that.

Love of your fellow man, love of your Country for instance.