Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

Good is love, Evil is hate...thats my definition.

Then your definition is subjective (but not necessarily an incorrect one).

This reminds me of the 'terrorist vs freedom-fighter' relationship in terms of vagueness of language and meaning.

But where does Christianity get its facts from? I don't believe for one second that there is an evil force, there's no reason to believe so.

Going on the above that I wrote, it falls into the same category. For there to be good (by definition) then there equally has to be a bad to compare it to. Most of the religious scripts use this way of teaching (well, I say most, I've only read Bible and Koran; however, I've observed the same in Judaism and JW too).

What silliness, I was referring to love of a different nature.Love has other definitions, and you know that.

Love of your fellow man, love of your Country for instance.

Why love your fellow man if you don't like them though?

Why love your country? (forget the first question, this is more interesting) :)

But where does Christianity get its facts from? I don't believe for one second that there is an evil force, there's no reason to believe so.

Well thats fine, but how do you explain the reason for all the murder and violence we hear about every day in the media.

Thankfully good is what most of us come across.

If you don't believe in Christianity, you are not going to accept anything written in the new testament as fact, but i do. Though i realise some of it is contradictory,and i havn't got a degree in Theology so don't ask me to interpret all of it.

Why love your fellow man if you don't like them though?

Why love your country? (forget the first question, this is more interesting) :)

The country reference was just an example.You don't have to love your country if you don't wish to. :)

I know i havn't answered all the questions, but i'm tired of this topic now.

Edited by janie48

The country reference was just an example.You don't have to love your country if you don't wish to. :)

What do you think to the point I made in post 361? (the bit where I quoted you)

It's important to the very question you have just answered. :)

I know i havn't answered all the questions, but i'm tired of this topic now.

I see you've edited your post. Fair enough.

I wasn't trying to trick you though :)

Sorry one last point...

If you don't believe in Christianity, you are not going to accept anything written in the new testament as fact, but i do. Though i realise some of it is contradictory,and i havn't got a degree in Theology so don't ask me to interpret all of it.

I'm not sure how you can find something that you admit is contradictory, as fact, and accept it.

It's late, maybe I read that wrong! It's confused me though! :confused::huh::hihi:

I see you've edited your post. Fair enough.

I wasn't trying to trick you though :)

Its okay, I don't approve of freedom fighters, even though i had Irish grandparents on one side, they were catholics. I could understand the cause because i know they were oppressed,but i don't condone any of the violence do you?

Edited by janie48

Sorry one last point...

I'm not sure how you can find something that you admit is contradictory, as fact, and accept it.

It's late, maybe I read that wrong! It's confused me though! :confused::huh::hihi:

Now your mocking me.

Why not?

because it's just rediculous to think that there's some great 'being' watching over us...

Just like those that don't believe there could be other life forms out there, we'd be really conceited to believe that we are worthy of such a thing for a start...

and pure progression of humanity is another line of proof, if there was indeed a god, then 'it' would have created us and the earth the best possible, so we wouldn't want for anything, wouldn't need to progress technology, wouldn't get ill etc...