Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

Without knowing it one can't discount God started it.

You can not discount something because you don't favour that reason.

What you can do is have an educated guess based on the available evidence, just because you don’t know with 100% certainty doesn’t mean you have to invoke a God to explain it.

The starting point is what the God/evolution discussion boils down to the rest is really irrelevant.

Abiogenesis has many hypotheses of how life started. That is in dispute with the God hypothesis.

Evolution is a theory, it has been proven, and it is true.

What you can do is have an educated guess based on the available evidence, just because you don’t know with 100% certainty doesn’t mean you have to invoke a God to explain it.

But you do not know only guessing that your favoured theory is correct.

Abiogenesis has many hypotheses of how life started. That is in dispute with the God hypothesis.

Evolution is a theory, it has been proven, and it is true.

There is no proof how the universe or life started.

And before you ask I have no idea where God came from or was started.

Without knowing it one can't discount God started it.

Of course then you have to define what you mean by god.

You can not discount something because you don't favour that reason.

Time for a couple of Christopher Hitchens' quotes here;

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence leading to the quote; that which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

On top of that I'll also make the point that I haven't discounted anything, it's simply that the body of scientific evidence on both evolution and the cause of our universe coming into existence has been shown that these things can happen without the need for a god. So if a god is out there somewhere he's entirely unecessary.

Edited by six45ive

As stated many times I do not know but do not dismiss any posibility.

Posters who dismiss God use an argument that if he had created things they would be perfect.

If things including people evolved why weren't faults like disease eliminated in the process ?

No. I dismiss God because without a falsifiable, coherent definition of what God is the whole concept is meaningless.

I also strongly suggest you read Evolution for dummies as you clearly do not know what it is.

jb

But you do not know only guessing that your favoured theory is correct.

I said educated guess based on the available evidence. Assuming it may be a God, is a guess based on zero evidence, whilst ignoring the available evidence. If I gave you two sacks and one appeared full whilst one appeared empty and then told you one contained £1,000,000, I imagine you would make an educated guess that the money was in the sack that appeared full and pick that one. You wouldn't toss a coin to decide which one to have.