Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

Missed this post earlier.

Well they must were all brainwashed,terrified of Communist power,thats why we have wars all the time,irrational fears of of the enemy etc.

I'm not making excuses for them,i hate all wars,and what happened.

Even atheists get involved in confict though for much the same reasons.

Even atheists get involved ?

involved yes but in most cases the believers are the cause and the reason

Most of the the very best scientists believed in a concept of God. Only lightweights like Dawkins don't. Einstein was not a atheist it made him angry when people called him one

Of course everybody believes in a concept of god. That's easily demonstable as is the concept of Spiderman and here's his holy book.:D

http://www.luxist.com/2011/03/09/spider-man-comic-book-sells-for-1-1-million/

Einstein referred to his belief system as "cosmic religion" and authored an eponymous article on the subject in 1954, which later became his book Ideas and Opinions in 1955.[28] The belief system recognized a "miraculous order which manifests itself in all of nature as well as in the world of ideas," devoid of a personal God who rewards and punishes individuals based on their behavior. It rejected a conflict between science and religion, and held that cosmic religion was necessary for science.[28] He told William Hermanns in an interview that "God is a mystery. But a comprehensible mystery. I have nothing but awe when I observe the laws of nature. There are not laws without a lawgiver, but how does this lawgiver look? Certainly not like a man magnified."[29] He added with a smile "some centuries ago I would have been burned or hanged. Nonetheless, I would have been in good company."[29]

yeah your right we would still be living in caves without those brainwashed or in most cases forced to believe or be killed for devil worship people ?

you missed a famous name from your list

Adolf Hitler's but to name one .

when you do a famous non believers list don't forget to put ,stalin ,pol pot and chairman mao on there.:)..:

Edited by johncocker

when you do a famous non believers list don't forget to put ,stalin ,pol pot and chairman mao on there.:)..:

The thing is though, we wouldn't make a similar list because we're smarter than you, and understand that listing a few people who share your ideology proves absolutely nothing, and would rather rely on our own arguments instead of trying to convince people by fallaciously appealing to authority.

Einstein referred to his belief system as "cosmic religion" and authored an eponymous article on the subject in 1954, which later became his book Ideas and Opinions in 1955.[28] The belief system recognized a "miraculous order which manifests itself in all of nature as well as in the world of ideas," devoid of a personal God who rewards and punishes individuals based on their behavior. It rejected a conflict between science and religion, and held that cosmic religion was necessary for science.[28] He told William Hermanns in an interview that "God is a mystery. But a comprehensible mystery. I have nothing but awe when I observe the laws of nature. There are not laws without a lawgiver, but how does this lawgiver look? Certainly not like a man magnified."[29] He added with a smile "some centuries ago I would have been burned or hanged. Nonetheless, I would have been in good company."[29]

This is meaningless unless we know what his definition of God was. Its sounds to me like his definition of God is everything that exists, he appears to have exchanged universe for God.

I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it. (Albert Einstein, 1954)

I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings. (Albert Einstein)

Spinoza's God

Spinoza asserted that for a concept of god to make any sense at all, it must simply be nature. That is, god cannot be something outside nature that controls it, but must necessarily be part of it. According to Spinoza, God IS nature.

Edited by MrSmith

No, I don't believe in god. No evidence i'm afraid.

That depends on what you consider to be evidence,and you don't have to believe in anything its all down to choice.

The evidence i believe in, i base on the assumption that Jesus Christ existed,and the the new testament was fact.

You may dismiss that as ignorance if you wish. The fact is many people of a much higher intelligence then me believe it.

As for the the authenticity of that historical event,even many atheists have accepted that.

Edited by janie48