Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

God didn't make the tardis though, maybe he and Noah should have consulted with that guy first before organising what must have been a very embarrassing incident.

Imagine arranging for 2 of every species to all meet up in one location ready to board the ark and then be like, errr god, I can't be sure this early on but I've got a feeling they're not all going to fit. God is all "Have faith Noah", and Noah responds with, no seriously you douche, they aren't going to fit.

It probably ended up like a scene from titanic, women and children first. Don't worry, they'll be another boat for the daddy giraffes along shortly.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: Brilliant FB

That depends on what you consider to be evidence,and you don't have to believe in anything its all down to choice.

The evidence i believe in, i base on the assumption that Jesus Christ existed,and the the new testament was fact.

You may dismiss that as ignorance if you wish. The fact is many people of a much higher intelligence then me believe it.

As for the the authenticity of that historical event,even many atheists have accepted that.

Don't think so Janie, any more than we believe in Father Christmas, the tooth fairy or the Easter Bunny:hihi::hihi:

The evidence i believe in, i base on the assumption that Jesus Christ existed,and the the new testament was fact.

That isn't evidence. There is relatively little evidence that Jesus existed, and your assumption doesn't make that true, and the New Testament can't be fact - it's full of contradictions. Some can be fact and some can be false, but as an entirity what you've said is not true.

That depends on what you consider to be evidence,and you don't have to believe in anything its all down to choice.

You may dismiss that as ignorance if you wish. The fact is many people of a much higher intelligence then me believe it.

As for the the authenticity of that historical event,even many atheists have accepted that.

Nah, it's all a bit too far fetched for my likings; miraculous pregnacies, talking snakes, returning from the dead, two of every animal on a boat, muliplying fish???

Each to their own but it's not for me.

Edited by Grenoside123

Don't you think it's dangerous to have beliefs based on assumptions?

Jesus may have existed, but there's no reason to believe there was anything supernatural about him.

I don't understand how anyone can think the New Testament is fact when it is full of contradictions. For that reason alone it can't possibly be fact.

WHich event are you talking about by the way?

Nah, it's all a bit too far fetched for my likings; miraculous pregnacies, talking snakes, returning from the dead, two of every animal on a boat, muliplying fish???

Each to their own but it's not for me.

I like what Christopher Hitchens, quoting David Hume I think, had to say about the virgin birth.

"Which is more likely.....that the entire laws of nature were suspended during the 'immaculate conception' or that the 'virgin' Mary was a lying Minx?:D

That isn't evidence. There is relatively little evidence that Jesus existed, and your assumption doesn't make that true, and the New Testament can't be fact - it's full of contradictions. Some can be fact and some can be false, but as an entirity what you've said is not true.

Don't you think it's dangerous to have beliefs based on assumptions?

Jesus may have existed, but there's no reason to believe there was anything supernatural about him.

I don't understand how anyone can think the New Testament is fact when it is full of contradictions. For that reason alone it can't possibly be fact.

WHich event are you talking about by the way?

I believe in the existence of Jesus,because i can't imagine how such a story could be made up,and even if it was, what reason would those early writers have for deceiving people.What motives would make them wish to spread lies.

Why would so many of those early disciples been prepared to risk their lives, and according to some documents,some of them were imprisoned and executed.

I can understand why the story of Jesus can sound implausable to some,and i expect it did to a great many who first heard about it in those earlier centuries, but in spite of that it still manages to satisfy millions all over the world.If all of it had been false,it would have ceased to have any influence long ago.

And no i don't believe my assumption is dangerous.